With this ramen noodles with sausage recipe, you can upgrade your instant ramen noodles to fabulous. Sauteed crispy kielbasa sausage and onions with noodles make a quick and easy light lunch.
Are Instant Ramen Noodles good for you?
I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that this meal is good for you. Ramen noodles are decidedly NOT good for you. Sometimes, though, you may find yourself craving something not good for you.
Are you shaking your head? You don’t ever want something not good for you? Never have a craving for a Burrito Supreme® or Whopper® with cheese? So, yeah, you can lump those two cravings in with Instant Ramen.
I have purposely left out the seasoning packets that come with the Ramen noodles because you can instantly get rid of a lot of the bad-for-you-stuff just by removing those.
I’m not advocating for eating something like this everyday, of course. Sometimes, you just need it, though. Am I right?
→ Start Here to Find Your Next
Favorite Recipe ←
Homemade Ramen Noodles
I promise that I’ll try to make my own noodles next time! Check out Serious Eats. Homemade ramen noodles really are a possibility!
It looks like you only need bread flour, wheat gluten, salt and baking soda. We have all of those things in the pantry now. Sounds like a fun experiment, doesn’t it?! And, wow, that would be so much more healthy for you.
You know you want it
To be honest, the aisle in the grocery store for Ramen noodles was completely cleared out during the 2020 panic buying so I know that I’m not alone in wanting to eat Ramen noodles.
A lot of you have it in your pantry. No judgment from me, though!
It doesn’t take many ingredients to hack your Ramen noodles and turn them into something incredible.
- Ramen Noodles
- Kielbasa Smoked Sausage
- Olive Oil and Seasonings
I’ve used a Goya Sazon seasoning packet because I really like this seasoning. It gives a wonderful flavor and color.
If you don’t have Goya Sazon seasoning, try using ONE of the seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles. There is no reason at all to use two of them. Using only one will give you less of the sodium because they have a lot of sodium.
If you don’t want to use either of these options, use your own favorite seasonings. Onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne, ancho powder, chili powder, etc. Get creative. You can also use my Seasoning Salt Blend.
More quick and easy recipes to try
If you’re looking for more quick recipes, especially recipes for using things you have on hand in your pantry, try one (or more) of these.
- Chicken with Mushrooms and Fresh Tomatoes
- Prosciutto with Mushrooms and Pasta
- Easy Fideo Soup with Beef and Tomatoes
- Easy Vegan Instant Pot Black Bean Soup
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips
Loaded Ramen Bowl with Smoked Sausage
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ large Onion, chopped
- 7 ounces Kielbasa Smoked Sausage, chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 2 blocks Ramen Noodles, discard seasoning packets
- 1 packet Goya Sazon
- On medium high heat, in skillet, saute chopped onion and chopped sausage until a little crispy around the edges, about 6-7 minutes.
- Carefully pour water in skillet. It will be hot so do this slowly.
- Place 2 blocks Ramen Noodles in skillet with water. Discard the seasoning packets that come in the Ramen. Allow to come back to a boil and turn the Ramen blocks frequently until they have softened enough to be completely in the water.
- Continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone, about 5-6 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in Goya seasoning and serve.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.