Cheeseburger with everything. Can you pizza it? This cheeseburger pizza recipe is perfect with all your favorite toppings. This recipe is made with ground beef, tomatoes, onions and super melty and delicious Havarti cheese.
Make sure to use your favorite hamburger or cheeseburger toppings.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
Making the Pizza Dough
When making this Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe, I make the pizza dough on the day before using my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe.
Making the dough the day before means that it gets more elastic and easier to handle for the rolling out. It’s super easy and fun too! If I can do it, you can do it.
Brown the Ground Beef
This is a ground beef recipe, like most hamburgers around my house. After you brown your ground beef, be sure to chop it.
When you cook ground beef, big clumps of it may be fine for spaghetti and other pasta, but you want a finer texture for your cheeseburger pizza.
It’s best to get a nice fine dice with the toppings so use an Ulu, if you can. Not only is it easier but it’s safer as well. I use it all the time.
Assemble the Pizza
I tried three different sauces for this cheeseburger pizza recipe and finally settled on regular ‘ole pizza sauce from the store. I thought I would get “fancy” with different more hamburger-y sauces, but plain tomato sauce was the winner.
I’ve discovered that it’s more fun to assemble a pizza when you have little bowls of everything all lined up and ready to use. This cheeseburger pizza recipe has everything shown here. In other words, it includes tomatoes, sauce, onions, ground beef and dill pickles.
Assembling a pizza is really easy. Just use the back of a spoon to cover the crust with sauce then sprinkle everything all over. It’s surprising how such an easy thing can be so incredibly delicious.
Finding the Perfect Cheese
I also tried three different cheeses. Havarti is definitely the one for a smooth cheesy goodness. Other cheeses simply didn’t speak to me in clear cheeseburger language.
You won’t have to spread out shredded cheese. Evenly distribute the slices over the top and pop in the oven!
Garnish with chopped green onion and red pepper flakes. Serve with a fresh garden salad and some onion rings. You can use the remainder of the pizza sauce for dipping, if you like.
Looking for more pizza recipes? Try one of these:
Cheeseburger Pizza with Tomatoes Onions and Dill Pickles
- 1/2 recipe Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cooking Spray, like Pam
- 3/4 cup Onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Dill Pickles, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Havarti Cheese, slices
- 7 ounces Prepared Pizza Sauce
- Make pizza dough according to instructions or use a pre-purchased pizza crust, if you prefer. Note that, if using the pizza dough at the link, you will need to start several hours earlier or the day before.
- Place olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Brown ground beef, adding salt and pepper to taste. Once fully cooked, drain, remove to a cutting board and chop for an even texture.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on pan and pinch the edges a little, if you like. This helps to catch the sauce from spilling over.
- Evenly distribute pizza sauce over pizza crust. Evenly distribute cooked ground beef, onions, tomatoes and dill pickles. Evenly distribute Havarti cheese slices over top.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly and cut into 8 pieces. If desired, garnish with chopped green onion, freshly cracked pepper and red pepper flakes.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.