Fried prosciutto and mushrooms is a quick and easy pasta dinner you can have on the table in 30 minutes. Bacon lovers haven’t experienced bacon until you’ve tried fried prosciutto. So good!
What is Prosciutto?
I previously made an incredible Prosciutto Provolone Pizza with half the package of Prosciutto. My grandmother had asked me about the Prosciutto and yes, it’s supposed to be eaten “raw” when sliced thin. It’s cured and it’s supposed to be that way.
I wanted to try it fried up as well, so this recipe was born.
You can read more about prosciutto and the curing process at ParmaCrown.
Here is the fried Prosciutto, just cooked, draining on a paper towel. I had a few nibbles and it’s delicious! It’s a lot like bacon, of course. But, it’s “meatier”.
My recipe calls for green onions because we had some green onions that needed to be used. I’m sure it would be fine with regular onions or scallions. It’s up to you.
I took a photo of everything simmering down. How do food bloggers take photos when there’s all that steam, I wonder? Maybe mom has a small fan we can use to blow away the steam right before photos.
I took this off the heat right before adding the final ingredients of cream and butter so I could get a proper photo. Look at that creamy delicious sauce.
It’s no surprise that I love mushrooms but mushrooms and a tastier-than-bacon bacon? Amazing!
This is really an incredible dish and I love it! I shared some with my grandmother and she loved it as well. It’s a hit! Enjoy!
More Quick Dinner Recipes
Try the Easy Pasta Dinner with Basil and Toasted Pine Nuts for another delicious and quick meal.
You may also want to try this lemony Gluten Free Chicken Piccata recipe.
Prosciutto Recipe with Mushrooms and PastaTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 8 ounces Linguine Pasta
- 3 ounces Prosciutto, like Daniele Del Duca Presliced Prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Dried Basil
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Begin a pan of water for cooking the linguine according to the package instructions.
- In large skillet, on medium high, fry Prosciutto ham in olive oil until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Crush and divide in half.
- In the same oil, on medium high, cook mushrooms and half the green onions until tender, about 5 minutes. While cooking, the water for the pasta may be ready for the linquine now. Set the timer for the minimum cook time for the pasta (since it will cook a little in the mushroom mixture).
- Reduce heat on skillet to medium. Add pepper, basil, chicken stock, cream and the cooked Prosciutto. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add butter and cheese. Stir and continue cooking until butter is melted. Drain the linguine and toss it with the mushroom mixture, continue cooking and stirring for about 3-4 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Serves 4.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.