Vegan Black Bean Soup is hearty and healthy. It’s naturally vegan and gluten free. Spice it up and take the boring out of black beans.
The ingredients for vegan black bean soup are healthy and nutritious. If you have some other fresh vegetables in your pantry that you would like to add, go ahead and get creative.
Great Deals on
Your Favorite Brands
Each time, we could use different ingredients based on what yummy things we can find in the refrigerator. This time, I’ve used:
- Vegetable Stock
- Black Beans
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Green Chiles
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Bell Pepper
Although I’ve used canned black beans, I would have preferred using dry black beans. I found this recipe for Instant Pot Black Beans and I’m going to try it next time so I can have some black beans readily available.
I’ve decided on these Hunt’s Fire Roasted Tomatoes because I am purposely going for lots of flavor in this black bean soup. The fire roasting adds even more flavor.
Just 3 Easy Steps
The steps are very easy and you can have your black bean soup simmering before you know it.
- Chop your vegetables
- Saute the vegetables in olive oil
- Add the other tasty ingredients
- Cover and simmer
You know you have time to do that, right?
Can I Use An Instant Pot?
Although I’ve been loving the Instant Pot, I decided not to use it here. I’m not really cooking anything. It’s mainly just heating everything up. I decided it would just be easier to cook this on the stove top.
If you want to use an Instant Pot, go ahead and saute your vegetables then add the other ingredients. Since everything is cooked already, maybe just pressure cook it for 3 minutes and let it natural release. If you cook it any longer, the black beans may break open and turn into mush. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Looking for More Vegan Recipes?
Vegan Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Black Beans canned
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 medium Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes Hunt's Fire Roasted
- 4 ounces Diced Green Chiles mild
- 16 ounces Vegetable Stock
- Open black beans, rinse and drain. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high, about 1 minute.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, jalapeno, garlic and red bell pepper. Stir and continue on medium high until slightly transparent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add seasonings, stir, continue cooking about 1-2 minutes.
- Add rinsed black beans, green chiles, diced tomatoes and cooking stock, stir. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.