Tuscan Chicken for Two is just like the Tuscan chicken recipe you love but in a reduced size, perfect for two people. It’s rich and satisfying on its own or serve it with an angel hair nest.
Where Did Tuscan Chicken Originate?
I researched this for quite awhile and there doesn’t seem to be an absolute answer. Tuscan cooking is characterized as simple and without heavy sauces. This recipe certainly is simple and the sauce is light.
Great Deals on
Your Favorite Brands
Chicken didn’t become generally a part of the Tuscan diet until around 1960 due to the economy after war. With that in mind, this could be a dish served only in the last few decades. Maybe?
Or, the name could just be made famous by a restaurant in the United States. Do we need to know? No, we really don’t because, once you taste this divine meal, you won’t be much worried about its origins.
Gotham Steel Hammered Copper Cookware Set
This Gotham Steel cookware is so pretty. We use it all the time. It cleans like a dream.
Tuscan Chicken for Two in One Skillet
This tasty Tuscan Chicken is made in one skillet and takes about 30 minutes. It’s quick and easy to throw together. I think the most time-consuming part was pushing the garlic through the garlic press. Super easy!
Tuscan Chicken is Low Carb and Keto Friendly
As long as you don’t include pasta, this Tuscan Chicken recipe is perfect for a Low Carb or Keto diet plan. It includes low carb vegetables of tomato and spinach. Heavy cream and Parmesan cheese flavor the sauce.
To save time, I’ve used my own Everyday Seasoning Salt Blend when I seasoned the chicken steaks. I love that it gives the chicken little spots of red from the dried chiles.
If you prefer, use your own favorite seasoning blend or Italian Seasoning. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, make your own Homemade Tuscan Seasoning Blend from Simply Scratch.
Looking for More Chicken Recipes?
Try one of these tasty recipes:
- Baked Chicken Parmigiana Chicken Parm
- Easy Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Chili with Green Chiles
If you’re looking for a tasty side dish instead of pasta to go with the Tuscan Chicken, try these sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms.
Leave Room for Dessert!
Try out this Raspberry Swirl Cake Recipe and you’ll have a great dessert you’ll make again and again.
Tuscan Chicken Recipe for Two
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Everyday Seasoning Salt Blend or other seasoning blend
- 3 large Garlic Cloves minced
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- If you are preparing pasta to serve with this meal, begin the water to prepare according to box directions.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat on medium.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully split the chicken breast horizontally to make two separate chicken breast steaks.
- Season both sides of each chicken steak with seasoning blend.
- Cook chicken steaks in oil until golden on one side, about 4-5 minutes and turn. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken steaks to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet. Add minced garlic and stir to saute for about one minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir to saute for about 2 more minutes.
- Add baby spinach and stir to saute for about 3 more minutes.
- Add cream and cheese, stir. Add chicken back to skillet with any juices that had accumulated on the plate.
- Turn heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and serve.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.