Raspberry Swirl Cake is a deliciously moist vanilla cake with a ribbon of raspberry filling through the middle and topped with a raspberry flavored glaze. It’s perfect for dessert or as a coffee cake for brunch.
Raspberry Swirl Cake Ingredients
This Rasberry Swirl Cake comes together so easily. The dry ingredients are whisked together separately.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Great Deals on
Your Favorite Brands
It’s important to get this well mixed. You don’t want a clump of salt in only one section of your cake!
The other ingredents are fairly standard for a cake.
- Vanilla extract
- Sour Cream
That sour cream is what makes this raspberry swirl cake so fantastically moist. Don’t opt for a light sour cream here. You need that fat so your cake won’t be dry. It’s so much better for you than vegetable oil.
Doesn’t that batter look dreamy?! Or, creamy. Well, maybe it looks creamy and dreamy.
I’ve used this Raspberry Filling from Henry & Henry. It’s delicious and I don’t mind telling you that I could eat it with a spoon because I did, in fact, eat it with a spoon.
It’s really a nice filling. I could tell there were a few seeds in it but there weren’t as many as you might expect. Mostly just that wonderful raspberry flavor in this one.
I still have a lot left so I’m going to need to develop some other recipes for it soon. It doesn’t freeze very well. It tends to break down and get too wet. Your mileage may vary.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can make your own raspberry filling. Try this Seedless Raspberry Cake Filling from Cake Boss.
Assembling the Cake
It’s really pretty easy. Don’t forget to spray the pan well. You don’t want it to stick in there.
Add about half the batter. Place the raspberry filling by the spoonful all around. Swirl it around with a knife. This doesn’t need to be perfect. And, it doesn’t need to be pretty. The batter is going to fluff up around it anyway. Then, top it with the remaining batter and it’s ready for the oven.
Looking for More Desserts?
Try one of these delicious recipes.
- Easy Southern Fresh Peach Pie
- Raspberry Pinwheels Puff Pastries
- White Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Coffee and Spice Cookie Bars
Raspberry Swirl Cake Recipe
- Tube Pan
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Henry & Henry Raspberry Filling divided
- Cooking Spray like Pam
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- With mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add about half flour mixture and half sour cream, alternating and mixing well after each addition.
- Spray tube pan with cooking spray. Pour half of cake batter into pan.
- Remove one tablespoon of raspberry filling and set aside for glaze. Place spoonfuls of remaining raspberry filling around the top in evenly spaced dollups. With a blunt knife, swirl raspberry filling around, without mixing. Add remaining cake batter to top.
- Place in oven and back for 50-55 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
- Glaze: Mix confectioner's sugar with reserved raspberry filling. If it's not smooth, add one teaspoon water and mix. Repeat with another teaspoon water, as necessary. Once cake is cooled, drizzle glaze on top.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.
Adapted from Cranberry Coffee Cake.