Baked Jalapeno Poppers are incredible. What could possibly make them better? Wrap them in bacon! Woah, yeah! They’re gluten free and keto too!
Christmas Eve Dinner
Mom and I served these baked jalapeno poppers with bacon for our Christmas Eve dinner as an appetizer. They were outstanding.
Some of the jalapenos were a little hot. It’s possible that I might not have removed all the seeds and membranes so I’ll be careful with that next time. I may have removed all the seeds but some jalapenos are just hotter than others.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next
Favorite Recipe ←
Even a little hot, these baked bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers were incredible.
As you know, we had Pork Tamales with Red Tamale Sauce. We also had tostadas with refried beans and all the accompaniments. It was an amazing dinner. Mom said it was the best Christmas Eve dinner she had ever had.
Super Easy 3 Ingredient Recipe
These bacon wrapped baked jalapeno peppers are so easy that it’s hard to believe they’re so good. But, really, keeping it simple is the way to go. When you start off with three incredible ingredients, you don’t need anything else.
- Cream Cheese
- Thick Sliced Bacon
You don’t even really need the toothpicks if you wrap the bacon around in the other direction.
Baking the Jalapeno Poppers
When it comes to bacon drippings, I suggest a pan like this that has a metal rack. It helps so the bacon isn’t swimming around in the bacon grease. There is a time and place for bacon grease.
What’s the place for bacon grease? Refried beans. Just sayin’.
I suggest that you line the pan with foil before baking and you’ll have a much easier job when cleaning.
Because of the little bit of heat from the jalapenos, I suggest serving with sour cream. I drizzled some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce on top just to make it pretty. I didn’t put very much of it because I was trying to cut the heat, not add to it! ha!
Baked Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- Sheet pan with removable rack
- 8 large Jalapenos
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 pieces Wrights Thick Sliced Bacon
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Cut stems from jalapeños. Cut jalapeños lengthwise in half. Using a metal spoon, scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- With a blunt knife, spread about a teaspoon or two inside each jalapeño.
- Cut bacon pieces in half. Wrap each jalapeño with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Note: If you wrap the bacon toward the bottom, you won't necessarily need a toothpick. The weight of the pepper and cream cheese will hold it down. You can add the toothpick after cooking. This will keep the toothpick clean for guests.
- Spray rack with cooking spray. Place jalapeños on rack, evenly spaced.
- Cook 50-55 minutes.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.