Bacon and Eggs Pizza gives a whole new meaning to having pizza for breakfast!
This recipe works really well if you make the toppings and dough the night before. That means that you’ll just need to get up, roll out the dough, top it and throw it in the oven. The worst part is trying to cook bacon to save it for later. Wow, that’s super tough, but you can do it!
Homemade Pizza Dough
I prefer the homemade pizza dough I make in the bread machine. The recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough is here. If you want to make your own dough, I recommend that you check out that recipe because it’s in the bread machine and SO EASY!
Use my pizza dough instructions or your own or even the pre-packaged completed dough, if you prefer. If you’re using homemade pizza dough, try to refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe calls for one-half the pizza dough so you’ll be able to use the other half for another pizza.
Because tomatoes are so wet, I’ve suggested Roma tomatoes. Before you use them, scoop out the insides. That’s where most of the water resides. Just scoop that out and discard. You’ll be using only the meat of the tomato.
If you like, you can pre-cook your pizza dough a little before adding the toppings. It wasn’t necessary for this thinner crust but, if you prefer a thicker crust, it may not cook all the way and will be a little “doughy” in the middle.
Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 recipe Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/8 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 slices Cooked Bacon crumbled
- 1/2 medium Onion chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes seeds scooped and discarded then chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Make pizza dough according to instructions or use a pre-purchased pizza crust, if you prefer. Note that, if using the pizza dough at the link, you will need to start several hours earlier or the day before.
- In skillet on medium low heat, melt butter, about 2-3 minutes.
- In medium bowl, briskly whisk together eggs and milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add egg mixture to butter and cook the eggs just until done, stirring slowly throughout. Don't allow to overcook, about 6-10 minutes.
Make Cream Sauce
- Place butter in small saucepan on medium heat until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix together cream, flour, salt and pepper, until smooth and lumps are removed. Add to saucepan and cook until thickened, stirring often, about 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 425°.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on pan and pinch the edges a little, if you like. This helps to catch the sauce from spilling over.
- Evenly spread the sauce on the dough with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Evenly distribute scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon, onions, tomatoes and cheeses.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly and cut into 8 pieces. If desired, garnish with chopped green onion, freshly cracked pepper and red pepper flakes.