Quick and easy preparation is the key to this recipe which can be paired with fresh fruit for a delicious breakfast or lunch or try it with stewed heirloom tomatoes.
I usually have all of these ingredients readily available in my pantry and I love quiche! I make it frequently and I will sometimes make two at a time to freeze them in portions so I can have quiche any time I want.
You’ll need just a small amount of gluten free baking mix. I used Gluten Free Bisquick. You can easily substitute regular Bisquick for this recipe.
The only cheese I had today was colby/jack. Also try all cheddar or Parmesan. Delicious!
Mix your ingredients by hand. It will only take a couple of minutes and you don’t want to pulverize the vegetables.
Smooth the top. Just look at that beautiful green! The spinach gives this a wonderful, appetizing color.
Gluten Free Spinach Mushroom Quiche
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup 2% milk
- 1 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/4 Cup fresh spinach chopped
- 3/4 Cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 3/4 Cup gluten free baking mix like Bisquick
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon red sauce like Frank’s
- cooking spray like Pam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until mixed
- Add remaining ingredients except cooking spray
- Mix together well
- Spray 9″ pie plate with cooking spray
- Pour egg mixture in pie plate and level off with spatula as needed
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before cutting
- Refrigerate leftovers