Vegan Noodle Soup is just as hearty as chicken noodle soup but I’ve replaced the chicken with my favorite legume, red lentils. Make this quick Instant Pot vegan soup to warm and fill you up in no time.
I had been thinking about chicken noodle soup all day. Of course, I forgot to thaw out some chicken. Naturally! I could have tried thawing out some chicken in the microwave but then I figured, “How about a vegan noodle soup, instead?” I’ve used Barilla Fideo Cut Pasta and according to Happy Happy Vegan, this pasta is vegan approved.
Where’s the Protein?
The protein in this Instant Pot vegan soup comes from the red lentils. In India, I believe this is called “daal”. Lentils are high in protein and low in fat: a perfect combination. Take a look at these health benefits.
Although lentils are a legume, like beans, they don’t take as long to cook as beans. In the Instant Pot, you reduce that time even more.
If you feel like you would like to add some chicken, just add chopped chicken breast when you add the lentils. Cook the same length of time.
Vegan Noodle Soup Ingredients
This Vegan Noodle Soup recipe includes lots of great vegetables. I’ve used:
- Poblano Pepper
Check your refrigerator to see if you have any other yummy vegetables you can use. I don’t know about you, but we always have vegetables that we need to get cooked before they expire.
I’m so glad mom bought some Vegetable Stock. That would have been the deal breaker on this vegan soup, right?
In addition to the Mexican Poblano Pepper, I’ve also added a couple of teaspoons of Frank’s Hot Sauce. It just ups the ante. I didn’t want too much spicy heat but I also didn’t want bland. If you’re not ready for that, omit the sauce then add it to your bowl individually.
More Instant Pot Recipes
I’ve got some more Instant Pot recipes you may want to try:
More Vegan Recipes
I have a few other Vegan recipes that are delicious:
Low Calorie Count
One serving of this soup is barely over 150 calories! Feel free to add a beautiful side salad and you’re all set.
Instant Pot Recipe: Vegan Noodle Soup
- 6-quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 3 Carrots chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 32 ounces Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 2 teaspoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce or other hot sauce
- 4 ounces Fideo Cut Spaghetti
- Chop and mince all vegetables as directed.
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot to begin cooking in saute mode. Add olive oil. Add chopped onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Add oregano, salt and pepper. Stir frequently until onions are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Press the Cancel button on the Instant Pot to reset.
- Add vegetable stock, water, hot sauce and lentils. Stir. Check the Instant Pot lid to ensure the seal is in place and nothing is blocking the vent. Place lid on top and set lever to Sealing. Press the Manual button on the Instant Pot and set to high for 15 minutes, then natural release for 10 minutes, then manual release any remaining pressure. The entire cook time will be about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, press the Cancel button to reset then set the Saute button. Bring to boil, if it's not already at boil. Stir in pasta. Continue cooking on Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using potholders, remove inner pot from Instant Pot frame and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Pasta will continue cooking in the hot liquid.
- Makes 8 servings. Garnish with chopped green onion and serve with saltines or toasted vegan bread slices, as desired. Serve with a fresh side salad for a fuller meal.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved.