This Buffalo Chicken pizza recipe is a quick and easy pizza made with Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, chicken and cream cheese. Satisfy your craving for buffalo wings and pizza at the same time.
Start Off with Your Pizza Dough
As you know from my many pizza recipes here at 24Bite, I like to use my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe for all my pizzas. It can be made easily in a bread machine. I’ve made it so many times that I don’t need to read the ingredients list anymore. I LOVE pizza!
I like to start it in the evening before so I can refrigerate the dough and make it more elastic and easier to roll out.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
You have lots of alternatives when it comes to pizza dough. If you don’t have time to make your own, you’ll find ready-made pizza crust in the spaghetti sauce aisle at your local supermarket. Pillsbury makes pizza dough, available in the biscuit aisle. There may be something available in the freezer section as well.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe with Cream Cheese
The sauce I’ve used for this Buffalo Chicken pizza is just cream cheese and a little bit of garlic powder.
It looks like frosting, doesn’t it?
So the cream cheese spreads easily, I’ve melted it a little on the stove top. If you’ve softened it enough, you may be able to whip it with a metal whisk or mixer. You just need it to be soft enough that you don’t mess up the uncooked pizza dough. It doesn’t need to be perfect, but you don’t want big holes in the bottom of the crust either.
Once the cream cheese is melty and smooth, it works much easier.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe Toppings
For this pizza, I’ve only used cream cheese, chicken, sauce and mozzarella. Well, and the little bit of garlic powder.
I had thought about using red onion. I just used red onion in my Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Pizza, though, and I didn’t want to get them mixed up.
For other toppings, you may want to consider:
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Red onion
- Maybe half and half of ranch dressing with the cream cheese
- Smoked provolone cheese
Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
This was the first time we’ve purchased this brand since we usually mix up butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for our own sauce.
When we saw it on the shelf at the store, though, mom and I both got excited about trying it out. You’ll find more information at the Sweet Baby Ray’s website.
You can use whatever sauce you like, but I have to admit that this Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce is really quite delicious. It wasn’t overly spicy and I had no problems with it at all. You can taste the cayenne but it’s not overpowering. It’s a delicious sauce.
Do You Want More Pizza?
We have a lot of pizza here at 24Bite. You might say that it’s the reason we started this blog. Try one of these favorites.
Once I was ready to serve this Buffalo Chicken Pizza, I drizzled Ranch dressing and sprinkled on some chopped green onion.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- ½ recipe Pizza Dough
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, boneless, fully cooked and chopped or shredded
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Cooking Spray, like Pam
- In a small bowl, mix together buffalo wing sauce and chicken. Set aside
- In a small saucepan, on low heat, melt cream cheese, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on pan and pinch the edges a little, if you like. This helps to catch the sauce from spilling over.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread cream cheese mixture evenly over pizza crust. Evenly distribute chicken mixture over cream cheese mixture. Spread mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly and cut into 8 pieces. If desired, garnish with chopped green onion, freshly cracked pepper and red pepper flakes. Serve with Ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, sour cream or more Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.