This easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Cream Cheese is a great addition to your weekend pizza cravings. You get to have your “buffalo wings” and pizza at the same time!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza will be your new Friday night favorite. Don’t be surprised if you need to make two of them.
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- How to Make Cream Cheese Sauce
- Tip for Leftover Cream Cheese Sauce
- Pizza Toppings
Start Off with Your Pizza Dough
As you know from my many pizza recipes here at 24Bite, I like to use my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe for all my pizzas. It can be made easily in a bread machine. I’ve made it so many times that I don’t need to read the ingredients list anymore. I LOVE pizza!
I like to start it in the evening before so I can refrigerate the dough and make it more elastic and easier to roll out. Chill the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes for best results.
Have a browse at all
You have lots of alternatives when it comes to pizza dough. If you don’t have time to make your own, you’ll find ready-made pizza crust in the spaghetti sauce aisle at your local supermarket.
Pillsbury makes pizza dough, available in the biscuit aisle. There may be something available in the freezer section as well.
How to Make Cream Cheese Sauce
The sauce I’ve used for this Buffalo Chicken pizza is just cream cheese and a little bit of garlic powder.
It looks like frosting, doesn’t it?
So the cream cheese spreads easily, I’ve melted it a little on the stove top. If you’ve softened it enough, you may be able to whip it with a metal whisk or mixer. You just need it to be soft enough that you don’t mess up the uncooked pizza dough.
It doesn’t need to be perfect, but you don’t want big holes in the bottom of the crust either.
Once the cream cheese is melty and smooth, it works much easier.
Tip for Leftover Cream Cheese Sauce
If you end up having too much cream cheese sauce, don’t throw it out! Put it in the refrigerator for later. It makes the best spread for sub sandwiches. In fact, you may want to make extra just for that!
On to the Pizza Toppings
For this pizza, I’ve only used cream cheese, chicken, sauce and mozzarella. Well, and the little bit of garlic powder.
I had thought about using red onion. I just used red onion in my Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Pizza, though, and I didn’t want to get them mixed up.
For other toppings, you may want to consider:
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Red onion
- Maybe half and half of ranch dressing with the cream cheese
- Smoked provolone cheese
For a quick and easy way to prepare your chicken, try this recipe for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken from Frozen.
Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
This was the first time we’ve purchased this brand since we usually mix up butter and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for our own sauce.
When we saw it on the shelf at the store, though, mom and I both got excited about trying it out. You’ll find more information at the Sweet Baby Ray’s website.
You can use whatever sauce you like, but I have to admit that this Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce is really quite delicious. It wasn’t overly spicy and I had no problems with it at all. You can taste the cayenne but it’s not overpowering. It’s a delicious sauce.
Do You Want More Pizza?
We have a lot of pizza here at 24Bite. You might say that it’s the reason we started this blog. Try one of these favorites.
Once I was ready to serve this Buffalo Chicken Pizza, I drizzled Ranch dressing and sprinkled on some chopped green onion.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Cream CheeseTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- ½ recipe Pizza Dough
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, boneless, fully cooked and chopped or shredded
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Cooking Spray, like Pam
- In a small bowl, mix together buffalo wing sauce and chicken. Set aside
- In a small saucepan, on low heat, melt cream cheese, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic powder.
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on pan and pinch the edges a little, if you like. This helps to catch the sauce from spilling over.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread cream cheese mixture evenly over pizza crust. Evenly distribute chicken mixture over cream cheese mixture. Spread mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly and cut into 8 pieces. If desired, garnish with chopped green onion, freshly cracked pepper and red pepper flakes. Serve with Ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, sour cream or more Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2023 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.