This Instant Pot Tortellini Soup is a hearty meal with Italian sausage, pasta and vegetables. It takes only 45 minutes for family- and budget-friendly comfort.
- Great Budget Friendly Ingredients
- How to Serve
- Can I Cook This Soup on the Stove?
- Storing Tortellini Soup
Great for the Budget Ingredients
I love to make hearty meals with budget ingredients. This dish uses low cost ingredients like one pound of Italian sausage and one bag of frozen tortellini. This is less than $7 for the primary ingredients for soup that makes eight servings!
Have a browse at all
Imagine a meal for your family, great for kids and easy on the budget, with each serving costing less than $2 each.
How to Serve
This soup is so hearty that you won’t need anything else. You can serve with crusty bread or crackers. Maybe a side salad, but you won’t need it. You can get all the vegetables you need in each serving.
Can I Cook This Soup on the Stove?
Yes! Begin sauteeing the sausage and vegetables as you would for the Instant Pot. Bring it to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to the package instructions.
Remove from heat then stir in the half n half and spinach. Cover to let the spinach wilt a bit, about 10 minutes, then serve.
How to Store Tortellini Soup
You can store this in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and heat easily on the stove or in the microwave.
The pasta will soak up more liquid when stored, so be aware that the texture may change.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, have a look at this 6-Quart Instant Pot (aff link) which we use. We’ve had it for several years and it still works great.
Ever since trying the Instant Pot, I’ve loved it. So easy to put things together and let it cook. Have a look at my other Instant Pot recipes for more ideas.
Instant Pot Tortellini SoupTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 6-quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, mild
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Sprinkle Seasoning, or other Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespooon Better Than Bouillon, Chicken, optional
- 3 cups Water
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 19 ounces Cheese Tortellini Pasta, frozen
- ½ cup Half n Half
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, fresh, chopped
- Press Saute button on Instant Pot to begin heating. Add olive oil and Italian Sausage. Using a spoon, crumble sausage as it heats. Continue sauteeing until almost done, a little pink remains, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, Braggs, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir and continue sauteeing until fragrant, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Stir in Better Than Bouillon, water, diced tomatoes and frozen tortellini pasta.
- Press the Cancel button on the Instant Pot to reset.
- Check the Instant Pot lid to ensure the seal is in place and nothing is blocking the vent. Place lid on top and set lever to Sealing. Press the Manual button on the Instant Pot and set to high for 3 minutes, then natural release. The entire cook time will be about 25 minutes.
- Press the Cancel button to reset or remove cord. Add half n half and chopped spinach. Stir. Put on lid and let steam naturally (while Instant Pot is off) for 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Can I Cook This on the Stove Top?Yes! Begin sauteeing the sausage and vegetables as you would for the Instant Pot. Bring it to a boil then add the tortellini and cook according to the package instructions. Remove from heat then stir in the half n half and spinach. Cover to let the spinach wilt a bit, about 10 minutes, then serve.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2023 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.
Join the Conversation