Barbecue chicken pizza is a sweet and tangy recipe for an escape from your typical pizza choices. This barbecue chicken pizza recipe includes the smoky flavors of bacon and smoky provolone cheese.
Start Off with Your Pizza Dough
As you know from my many pizza recipes here at 24Bite, I like to use my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe for all my pizzas. I like to start it in the evening before so I can refrigerate the dough and make it more elastic and easier to roll out.
You have lots of alternatives when it comes to pizza dough. If you don’t have time to make your own, you’ll find ready-made pizza crust in the spaghetti sauce aisle at your local supermarket. Pillsbury makes pizza dough, available in the biscuit aisle. There may be something available in the freezer section as well.
My pizza dough recipe makes two crusts so we used the other crust to make garlic bread sticks this time. Delicious!
Have a browse at all
Mom really doesn’t like to buy many ready-made sauces and prefers for me to try to make them myself. I will admit that I cheated by using ready-made ketchup and mustard. It turned out delicious with just a little bit of brown sugar and hot sauce. I’m going to have to explore this a little more later and see what I can make.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Toppings
There are lots of fun toppings you can use for your barbecue chicken pizza. Here are the toppings we’ve used.
- Barbecue sauce
- Cut up chicken
- Crumbled bacon
- Smoked provolone cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Red onion slivers
When I make this again, I think I’ll try some chopped red peppers. Green onions would be a nice addition but I was thinking that sauteed sweet yellow onions would be amazing.
Yes, We Have A Pizza Pizzazz
This thing works so well. Mom bought it years ago, when we didn’t have an air conditioner in the house and turning on the oven would have been crazy.
That was when both my brother and sister were living with us and we ate a LOT of pizza. Having this was super handy, even with frozen pizza. I use it all the time now.
Do You Want More Pizza?
We have a lot of pizza here at 24Bite. You might say that it’s the reason we started this blog. Try one of these favorites.
- Prosciutto Tomato and Provolone Pizza
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza
- Alfredo Pizza with Spinach and Mushrooms
Barbecue Chicken and Bacon PizzaTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- ½ recipe Pizza Dough
- 6 pieces Bacon, fully cooked and crumbled
- ½ pound Chicken Breast, fully cooked and chopped
- ⅓ cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 8 slices Provolone, smoked
- ¼ cup Red Onion, cut in slivers
- Cook bacon and chicken breast until done. Crumble and chop as directed. Set aside
- In a small pan over medium heat, stir together ketchup, mustard, brown sugas and hot sauce. Heat for 5 minutes to melt the sugar and combine the flavors.
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on pan and pinch the edges a little, if you like. This helps to catch the sauce from spilling over.
- Evenly distribute barbecue sauce over pizza crust. Evenly distribute bacon and chicken on top. Evenly distribute cheese over top. Sprinkle around the red onion.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly and cut into 8 pieces. If desired, garnish with chopped green onion, freshly cracked pepper and red pepper flakes.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.