You’ll love these Puff Pastry Jalapeno Poppers, also called Jalapenos Hojaldrados. Perfect for a snack or appetizer, you’ll want the recipe for any get together.
Jalapeno poppers are great! They’re easy to make in the air fryer, oven and even on the grill. One time, I made them in the smoker too. Such a versatile treat.
- Can I Substitute Other Peppers for Jalapeno?
- How to Remove the Seeds from Jalapenos
- How to Cut Puff Pastry
After seeing this recipe for Chile Poblano Hojaldrado, I knew I needed to try something like it with jalapenos. Puff Pastry is always so fun and easy.
For this recipe, you will only need:
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion
You can see the exact amounts in the recipe card.
Have a browse at all
Can I Substitute Other Peppers for Jalapeno?
If you want something with no spicy heat at all, use a bag of Mini Bell Peppers. They’re similar in shape but, like regular Bell Peppers, they don’t have any heat. They will also add some nice color because they’re assorted.
If you want something a little more like the level of spicy heat of jalapenos, try using Anaheim or Cubanelle peppers.
Hatch Green Chiles are great for making stuffed peppers like this, but they’re going to give you more heat.
If you would like to see the difference in spicy heat, try our Scoville Heat Scale.
How to Remove the Seeds from Jalapenos
In the past, I have used a spoon to try to scrape out the membranes and seeds of the jalapenos. I have also used a little utility knife.
But, let me tell you about this little device we found at Amazon. I couldn’t believe how easy it worked.
Try out this Norpro Grip-EZ Jalapeno Pepper Corer (aff link). It’s the one we use and worked perfectly for removing the membranes from these jalapenos. It would work in removing the insides from the top of a whole jalapeno too!
How to Cut Puff Pastry
I love Puff Pastry so I’ve tried it in different shapes. This time, I made a lot of strips to wrap around the peppers.
The easiest thing I’ve found to cut puff pastry is our pizza cutter. It made this part so easy. I highly recommend this tip.
When you wrap the strips, don’t try to get the edges right up on each other. Leave a little space so the cheese shows a bit.
More Puff Pastry Recipes
Since I love the ease and quickness of using Puff Pastry, I’ve done several recipes for it. These Puff Pastry Jalapeno Poppers use only one sheet, so you can use the extra sheet for double the recipe or use it for one of these others.
- Chicken and Pesto Puff Pastry Bites
- Crab Rangoon Crescent Rolls
- Chile Relleno Casserole
- Raspberry Pinwheels
If you’re looking for more poppers, be sure to try these Unique Jalapeno Poppers Recipes.
Puff Pastry Jalapeno PoppersTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 10 Jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and membranes removed
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed according to directions
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the jalapenos by cutting in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Place softened cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, shredded cheddar and green onions in small bowl and mix together. You can use a fork or a pastry cutter. It's easiest to put on a glove then squish it up with your fingers.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture. Do not overfill. Just fill it and scrape off the excess. There will be extra of the cream cheese mixture, depending on the size of the jalapenos. Set aside.
- Using a pizza cutter (or knife), make ¼" strips from the puff pastry. Wrap around each jalapeno piece, wrapping horizontally. The edges shouldn't necessarily touch completely. Leave a little opening for the cheese to puff up a little when baking. Try to keep the start and end of the strip on the bottom of the jalapeno. Place each jalapeno piece on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg and water with a fork. Brush egg wash on each jalapeno piece.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2023 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.