A Craisins recipe is always fun to find because Craisins are so wonderful. Sometimes you need to be able to use the cranberry goodness in a recipe so you can justify eating them by the handful. A Craisins cookie recipe is the perfect use for these sweet, chewy jewels of awesome.
Soft and sweet, these deliciously decadent cookies are made with craisins and pistachios. Make them for friends and family and perfect for holiday cookie baking.
I’m not the only one to eat Craisins by the handful. Have a look at the Ocean Spray Craisins website to see the reviews. People really love them! Replace all your raisins with Craisins. It’s a Craisins revolution.
Craisins Recipe Making Process
When you start making your Craisins recipe, get all your ingredients ready to be certain that you have everything. If you want, go ahead and eat some of your cranberries or pistachios right out of the bag. You should have purchased a bigger bag so you have some to snack, right?
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
Start with the dry ingredients. Whisk them together because you don’t want a lot of salt or a lot of baking soda hanging out in one spot of your cookies. Mix them up and set them aside.
- Baking Soda
In a separate bowl, mix your wet ingredients.
- Softened Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Incorporate the dry ingredients, one cup at a time, into the wet ingredients. Mix well after each addition.
If you dump everything in there at once, you may end up with flour all over you face, clothes and countertop. Ask me how I know.
Here is where the fun begins. You can’t have a Craisins recipe without the Craisins, of course!
It’s recommended that you hand stir your extras so you don’t break them up.
- Ocean Spray Craisins
- Wonderful No Shell Pistachios
You have more of a chance of breakage if you’re using delicate extras. If you decide to use the mixer, you’ll get no judgment from me!
This recipe makes about 45 cookies using the 1 ½ inch cookie scoop. Do you have a cookie scoop?
I highly recommend them. You get uniform cookie sizes and you can get finished so quickly!
More Cookies, Please!
Browse the Cookie recipes category, or try one of these.
Cranberry Craisins and Pistachio Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, two sticks, softened
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Ocean Spray Craisins
- 1 cup Wonderful No Shell Pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl until well combined.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, about one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in Craisins and chopped pistachios until well mixed throughout.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. We used a cookie scoop which makes it so much easier to get uniform cookies.
- Place cookies in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cool enough to remove from pan then allow to cool completely before storing. Makes 45 cookies.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.