With only three ingredients, this Jello Fluff Salad is easy to make with lemon gelatin squares and mandarin oranges. It’s a light, delicious treat for any meal.
My mom serves this dessert at Thanksgiving dinner. It’s my Grandmother’s favorite!
Only three ingredients
You will love this creamy, delicious lemon dessert. You can make it with only three ingredients and it’s perfect for any family get together.
When I first started developing this lemon fluff salad recipe, I didn’t know there was lemon Jell-O! What a find.
I love lemon desserts and this was a game changer. I wanted to use it immediately.
- Gelatin Squares
- Mandarin Oranges
- Whipped Topping
Have a browse at all
If you buy the big jar of mandarins and the big Cool Whip, you can save the extra for something else. Eating all the extra mandarins while the Jell-O was refrigerating is perfectly fine!
Is Cool Whip dairy free?
When Cool Whip was first introduced, it was advertised and became well known as a non-dairy whipped topping.
Cool Whip is now made with added skim milk and is no longer dairy free.
Drain the mandarin oranges
Drain the mandarin oranges completely. And, I do mean completely.
The juice of your mandarins will dissolve the whipped topping so start this step early.
Is jello fluff gluten free?
All three ingredients in this Lemon Fluff are naturally gluten free. There are no wheat products in Jell-o, Cool Whip or oranges.
Do remember, though, that gelatin isn’t vegetarian so this recipe isn’t vegetarian.
You may be able to whip canned coconut cream into a whipped topping. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve read on the label that it works for whipped topping.
Cutting the gelatin squares
Once you’ve finished chilling the gelatin, you’ll make a square grid over the top of the gelatin to cut into squares. It’s very easy to cut through them.
It’s a little more difficult to cut into straight lines, but who needs straight lines?
I used a spatula to remove the Jell-O squares but, if they stick too much, you can place your pan inside a different pan of hot water for about 10 seconds to help with releasing.
More recipes for family get togethers
Sometimes you need some great potluck recipes and summer is the perfect time to plan family get togethers. Try some of these recipes for your next outing.
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Homemade Chorizo Tamales
- Cold Tortellini Chicken Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips
- Creamy Broccoli Salad
For another light, Cool Whip dessert, try this Strawberry Tiramisu recipe.
Lemon Orange Fluff SaladTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 11 x 17" baking pan or sheet pan, preferably aluminum or high quality glass
- 4 cups Boiling Water
- 3 3-ounce boxes Lemon Jello
- 8 ounces Whipped Topping, like Cool Whip
- 1 15-ounce can Mandarin Oranges
- I use a tea kettle to make the boiling water. It helps to ensure that I get the correct amount of water.
- Pour the powdered jello into a large mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over it and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Pour into 11 x 17" baking or sheet pan. It's very hot so use caution and use a quality pan since you don't want it to shatter due to the heat.
- Place in refrigerator. Again, it's hot. Use pot holders or dish towels under it.
- Leave in refrigerator until set, at least six hours or overnight.
- Drain mandarin oranges and strain well. Place on a paper towel or dish towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Cut lines of squares in the gelatin. Place the sheet pan in a pan of hot water for 10 seconds if the gelatin doesn't release from the pan. Add all the square gelatin pieces to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the whipping topping and mandarin oranges. Stir gently.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.