Don’t forget to take this delicious salad with you for your next family get together. It’s sweet and crunchy and wonderful.
This is a quick little recipe with lots of yummy goodness. We first had something like this at my sister’s baby shower about five years ago. Over the years, mom has made her own little changes.
Here’s a glamour shot of the ingredients. Doesn’t that look fresh and wonderful?!
To reduce the calories in this, try using Greek yogurt instead of the mayonnaise or try half yogurt and half mayonnaise.
I used prepared bacon bits for this recipe but, if you want to cook the bacon yourself, be sure to cook it until it’s very crispy before you break it into bits.
Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pound Raw Broccoli
- 7 Green Onions
- 1 cup Gold Raisins
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed
- 1/2 cup Bacon Bits
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Set aside.
- Cut off florets from the broccoli stems so there are only short stems. Chop. Discard long, bulky stems.
- Trim and chop onions.
- In large bowl, toss broccoli florets, onions, raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds and bacon.
- Stir in mayonnaise mixture. Garnish with pieces of green onion or slivers of red onion.
- Best refrigerated for at least an hour. Serves 12.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved.