When you make this Creamy Tuscan Soup recipe in the Instant Pot, you know you’re going to get a comforting, nutritious meal, even when you have limited time.
Ingredients for Creamy Tuscan Soup
Because I’m making a vegetable rich soup, I’ve included the typical soup ingredients:
Meat is limited at our grocery store right now so I couldn’t get any fresh boneless chicken breast. Mom had to get it in individual frozen pieces and I defrosted it in the refrigerator.
It was my first time using chicken breast sold like this and it certainly tastes the same. The only difference I could see is that perhaps they aren’t as careful about how they cut the pieces. It wasn’t as pretty as fresh, but it works!
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
Three Easy Steps
To start, saute the carrots, celery, onion and garlic in Saute Mode of the Instant Pot. Be sure to watch and stir because the Instant Pot gets very hot on saute!
The next step is dump everything except the dairy and spinach. Seriously. Dump it all in there and give it a good stir.
Place the cover, set the time and boom! Just let it do its magic.
If you’ve seen any boil overs on the internet with cream soups, it’s usually because the dairy is added during the cooking process. Milk products are going to boil over, even on the stove.
This is easily remedied by cooking everything and then stirring in the dairy.
I’ve also decided to stir in the spinach and let it steam in the heat of the soup rather than cooking it during the pressure process.
I happen to like the spinach much better when it’s not completely cooked to a sort of stringy, dark green bit of leaf. I like it better when it’s still pretty and not stringy-ish. Know what I mean?
Add the chopped baby spinach and let it steam in the heat of the soup. No need to cook it to oblivion.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, have a look at this 6-Quart Instant Pot which we use. We’ve had it for several years and it still works great. (This is an affiliate link, by the way. If you click it and buy, I may get a little something something from them at no extra cost to you.)
Is It Gluten Free?
Is this Tuscan Chicken Soup gluten free? Yes, absolutely! There is nothing with gluten. The cream helps to thicken, without the need for extra, more traditional thickening agents.
More Instant Pot Recipes
I love the Instant Pot! It makes everything so easy. I love that I don’t have to check it and stir every 5 or 10 minutes. I’ve used it for several recipes and have plans for more.
Browse all our Instant Pot Recipes or choose one of these.
- Mexican Picadillo Instant Pot Recipe
- Steak and Mushrooms Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Pizzaiola Italian Pot Roast
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Creamy Tuscan Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- 6-quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Braggs Sprinkle Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless, cut up into bite size pieces
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 14.5 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup White Wine
- ½ cup Half n Half
- 1 ½ cup Baby Spinach, fresh, chopped
- Chop and mince all vegetables as directed. Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot to begin cooking in saute mode. Add olive oil. Add chopped onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Add oregano, Braggs, salt and pepper. Stir frequently until onions are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Press the Cancel button on the Instant Pot to reset.
- Add chicken pieces, stock, tomatoes and wine. Stir. Check the Instant Pot lid to ensure the seal is in place and nothing is blocking the vent. Place lid on top and set lever to Sealing. Press the Manual button on the Instant Pot and set to high for 10 minutes, then natural release. The entire cook time will be about 30 minutes.
- Press the Cancel button to reset or remove cord. Add half n half and chopped spinach. Stir. Put on lid and let steam naturally (while Instant Pot is off) for 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.