A delicious flatbread pizza with the flavors of Chicken Cordon Bleu with a fantastic creamy mustard sauce.
I love pizza! Experimenting with different types of pizza may be my favorite thing to do now that my mom taught me how to make the pizza dough she always uses.
Homemade Pizza Dough
I prefer the homemade pizza dough I make in the bread machine. The recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough is here. If you want to make your own dough, I recommend that you check out that recipe because it’s in the bread machine and SO EASY!
Use my pizza dough instructions or your own or even the pre-packaged completed dough, if you prefer. If you’re using homemade pizza dough, try to refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Creamy Mustard Sauce
The Cordon Bleu Chicken Pizza includes my Creamy Mustard Sauce. If you have any of this leftover, be sure to use it on your favorite sandwich because, WOW!
Cordon Bleu Chicken Pizza
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 8 oz ham chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 2 prepared, uncooked pizza crusts
- cooking spray
- If you are using homemade pizza dough, begin at least 3 hours before you plan to prepare the pizza to complete the kneading and rising process. It's better to refrigerate for 3 or more hours after that, but it's not entirely necessary, if you're in a time crunch. Halve the dough equally and roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- In small bowl, add cream, mustard, parmesan cheese and flour. Mix briskly with a fork until all lumps are removed.
- In small saucepan on low heat, cook cream mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place crust on pan and pinch the edges a little, if you like. This helps to catch the sauce from spilling over.
- Spread half the sauce on each pizza. Evenly distribute chicken and ham. Top each pizza with half the mozzarella.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly and cut each pizza into 8 pieces, for 16 pizzas total.