This easy No Bake Pumpkin Dessert will be your next family favorite. Who can resist a pecan shortbread crust with a pumpkin and cream cheese filling?!
- Making the Cookie Crust
- What to Use Instead of Pecan Sandies
- Make Your Own Mashed Pumpkin
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
- More No Bake Desserts
Making the Cookie Crust
The crust for this pumpkin dessert is made from Pecan Sandies. These are shortbread cookies with pecans mixed in.
It’s easy to make your own crumbs with a food processor. The cookies, sugar and butter go into the food processor together. It comes out as a moldable crust.
You can press your crust into the pan with your hands and fingers. Use a spatula or your measuring cup.
Whatever you do, don’t simply pick up a measuring cup from the counter. Make sure it’s clean on the bottom. I realize that this may not be the first thing you think about, but it needs to be.
Have a browse at all
What to Use Instead of Pecan Sandies
The pecan shortbread is a delicious complement to the pumpkin and you will love it. But, if you don’t have them, you can use graham cracker.
To save time, you can buy graham crackers already pulverized into crumbs. You can simply add the butter and sugar to complete the crust.
Make Your Own Mashed Pumpkin
It’s usually fairly easy for us to get canned pumpkin. I remember there being a pumpkin shortage one winter, though. There was NO pumpkin on the grocery shelves at all.
I haven’t tried it, but I see no reason why you can’t make mashed pumpkin yourself.
I’ve researched it and it looks really easy with an Instant Pot. Try this Pumpkin Puree recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
This is another ingredient that can be easily substituted with your own spice blend.
You will only need cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves to make this Pumpkin Spice Blend from Cookie and Kate.
More No Bake Desserts
No Bake Desserts are really the best, aren’t they? There’s something fairly awesome about throwing something together and simply putting it in the refrigerator.
Try some of these no bake dessert recipes:
No Bake Pumpkin DessertTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- Food processor
- 8×8" dish
- Hand or standing mixer
- 16 Pecan Sandies Cookies
- 5 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Pumpkin, canned, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- See optional drizzle in notes below
- Pulverize Pecan Sandies in food processor until finaly ground into crumbs.
- Add melted butter and sugar to food processor and pulse until combined well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Firmly pack crumbs into the bottom of the pan with your hands or the bottom of a clean measuring cup.
- Place baking pan in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- In medium bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
- Pour cream cheese mixture carefully into prepared crust of baking pan. Smooth with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Cover pan and place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully spread cool whip on top when ready to serve. Use optional drizzle (see below) when plating.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.