This Keto stuffed chicken breast recipe is perfect for a quick yet elegant meal that plates perfectly on a weeknight or at your next dinner party. Prosciutto and cream cheese are the perfect pairing.
No one will know that it was so easy to prepare.
Mom has been on a low carb diet for about three months now. I think she may be getting tired of the same old things so I wanted to surprise her with something fun. I’ve never made stuffed chicken breasts so I really wanted to give it a try.
This recipe has only a few ingredients but you would never be able to tell by the great taste and presentation. Isn’t that always the way?
Here are the ingredients I’ve used for these stuffed chicken breasts:
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Green Onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
That’s really only four ingredients. Not only are there four ingredients, but it will only take you about four minutes to assemble the chicken breasts for the baking pan. So easy.
Have a browse at all
How do you butterfly a chicken breast?
I really mean it when I say that this is such an easy dish. You will be amazed at how quickly it comes together. I took plenty of photos for you.
I had never done this before so I reviewed a video at YouTube. I’ve got to admit that I was a little scared, but I took it slow and easy. I was pleasantly surprised!
With sharp straight knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally until about 1″ from the opposite side so the chicken breast can be opened up into almost a heart shape. Now, you are ready to place the ingredients.
Once you’ve placed your ingredients on top, you will pull one side of the chicken breast up and over the filling, while pushing the cream cheese to the center with the other hand. It worked perfectly!
Cut three 18″ pieces of Butcher’s Twine. Wrap and criss cross the twine with crosses in three evenly spaced places on the chicken breast. This will help to keep the filling inside while cooking. Don’t worry if some of the filling melts out. This is normal.
When you place the chicken breasts in your baking pan, be sure to roll them in the olive oil to help protect them in the hot oven. Season with salt and pepper, if you like.
To help brown the stuffed chicken breasts, I turned on the broiler for the last five minutes of cooking.
I look forward to hearing from everyone about this dish. It’s going right up on my top favorites. The ease of preparation and the presentation will keep this on your favorite list as well.
I watched this video on how to butterfly a chicken breast before I got started so I could be sure to do it correctly.
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes, absolutely! All the ingredients in this Keto stuffed chicken breast are 100% naturally gluten free. The meal is also low carb with only 2 carbs per serving. If you omit the green onions, you will bring it down to only 1 carb per serving.
What do I serve with Keto stuffed chicken breast?
We’ve served this meal with a simple tomato and green onion salad. Try it with cauliflower or veggie rice too!
Looking for more chicken recipes?
We love chicken and use it frequently for our meals here so I’ve got lots of tasty choices for you.
- Easy Chicken Dinner with Creamy Cheese Sauce
- Ancho Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Gluten Free Chicken Piccata
- Tuscan Chicken for Two
Try my Keto Ground Beef Lasagna Recipe for something new and different. And cheesy!.
Keto Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Cream CheeseTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 100% Cotton Butcher's Twine
- 8 x 10" Baking Dish
- 3 Chicken Breasts, large, boneless and skinless
- 3 ounces Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 teaspoons Green Onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Blot each chicken breast with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. With sharp straight knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally until about 1" from the opposite side so the chicken breast can be opened up into almost a heart shape. This is called butterflying the chicken breast.
- Place 1 ounce Prosciutto on top of each chicken breast. Place 1 ounce cream cheese on top of Prosciutto, in the center. Press 1 teaspoon chopped green onion into the cream cheese.
- Gently fold over one side of the chicken breast with one hand while pressing the cream cheese into the center. Ensure that all the ingredients are inside the chicken breast. Secure each chicken breast with 18" piece of twine, wrapping and crossing evenly in three places.
- Add olive oil to baking dish. Place each wrapped chicken breast in the dish on the top side and roll it in the olive oil until well coated. Repeat for remaining chicken breasts. Salt and pepper, as desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 22-27 minutes, or until meat thermometer indicates 165°F/75°C. If desired, broil on high for the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before cutting. Remove twine before serving.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2022 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.