This Crab Pasta Salad recipe is the perfect salad for a budget friendly meal with luxury taste. It’s quick, easy and full of summer seafood flavor.
- 5 Ingredient Crab Pasta Salad
- Can You Eat Imitation Crab Raw?
- What’s the Difference Between a Celery Stalk and Rib?
5 Ingredient Crab Pasta Salad
With only five ingredients, you know this recipe is going to be easy before you even get started.
I’ve used Rotini pasta because it’s my favorite. This will work well with shell pasta too. Don’t make a special trip for pasta, though. Use whatever you have handy.
I’ve used imitation crab. If I’m being honest, I just prefer it to the real thing. I’m not picky. It’s just better this way for me.
Even with the high prices of food right now, one-half pound of imitation crab is just over $2. That makes it a tasty and budget-friendly protein that the entire family will enjoy.
Can You Eat Imitation Crab Raw?
You can eat imitation crab right out of the package. It’s not really raw. It’s fully cooked then formed into sticks or flake style.
Have a browse at all
What’s the Difference Between a Celery Stalk and Rib?
As it turns out, the pieces of celery that you pull off aren’t “celery stalks”. The celery stalk is the entire thing. The individual pieces are called “ribs.”
Yes, that’s it. They are ribs. Maybe not the same as delicious, lip-smacking barbecue ribs from the grill, though.
If you purchased a one-pound package of imitation crab, you may need to find other uses for the rest of the package.
- Eat it straight out of the package as a snack.
- Double this Crab Pasta Salad recipe.
- Make some Mock Crab Ceviche.
- Try these Crab Rangoon Crescent Rolls.
If you’re looking for more light summer salads, these are great too.
Crab Pasta Salad RecipeTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 8 ounces Rotini Pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 8 ounces Imitation Crab, flake style, chopped
- 2 Celery Ribs, diced
- 1 medium Bell Pepper, green or red
- ½ cup Light Mayonnaise
- Begin cooking the pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, place in a large colander and run cool water over it until the pasta has cooled off completely.
- Chop the celery and bell pepper as small as you can. Finely diced is best. Chop it once then go back over it with a sharp knife or ulu.
- Chop the imitation crab into small bite-sized pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2022 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.