These Chicken Rolled Tacos are made with only 3 ingredients, healthier baked instead of fried. You can have a Tex Mex meal any time of day.
- Only 3 Ingredients
- What’s the Difference Between Rolled Tacos and Taquitos?
- Corn or Flour Tortillas?
- Is it Better to Bake or Fry Rolled Tacos?
- Can You Fry These Tacos?
Only 3 Ingredients
You will only need three ingredients to make these chicken rolled tacos. There is absolutely nothing authentic about them. They’re just, you know, super tasty!
For a quick and easy way to prepare your chicken, try this recipe for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken from Frozen.
Have a browse at all
What’s the Difference Between Rolled Tacos and Taquitos?
Both of these are rolled into a cylinder. The difference is more of a guideline than an actual definition.
I find that taquitos have less filling and they’re rolled very tightly. Rolled tacos have more filling so they can include other things like rice or beans, if you like.
Corn or Flour Tortillas?
Either corn tortillas or flour tortillas can be used to make rolled tacos. You use what you like or whichever you have on hand.
If you use corn tortillas, check out my guide to keep corn tortillas from breaking while rolling.
Is it Better to Bake or Fry Rolled Tacos?
Naturally, I’m going to say that my favorite rolled tacos are made with flour tortillas then deep fried. The tortilla crisps up and reminds me of the Crispitos you get a diners and delis.
I wanted something a little more health conscious and I went with baked rolled tacos instead.
Can You Fry These Tacos?
Yes! Make sure to close them with toothpicks because they will definitely unroll immediately.
You can expect to add about 60-100 calories per taquito from oil absorption. Very tasty, but maybe limit yourself to having this only occasionally.
Try some of these great recipes that work great for a Tex Mex meal, suitable for any time of year.
- Takis Taco Salad Recipe
- Corn Salad with Mayo
- Ancho Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Baked Cheeseburger Rolled Tacos
Chicken Rolled TacosTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- Baking Sheet
- 3 cups Chicken Breast, poached or roasted, fully cooked, chopped or shredded
- 1 ¼ cups Tostitos Queso Blanco
- 20 Flour Tortillas, Fajita Size
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chopped chicken and Queso Blanco.
- Place about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture at the edge of a flour tortilla. Roll as tightly as you can.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. If you like, add toothpicks to make sure it doesn't open up during baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then turn each rolled taco over and bake another 8-10 minutes.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2022 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.