The best baked chicken wings turn out to be the easiest ones to make. Serve them dry rub or smothered in your favorite sauce.
Chicken Wing Sauce
This is one of my mom’s favorite things. She prefers them dry rub. I prefer them in a honey barbecue sauce. Most of the time, when we serve these, people want the traditional buffalo wing sauce.
Although you would think these are spicy from the amount of seasoning, they’re really not very spicy. Feel free to doctor them up, if you want to bring on the spice.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
You may want to double the Tony Chachere’s and perhaps use something different than the ground ancho pepper. Ground ancho is more of a mild pepper with a smoky taste. It doesn’t have much heat. Try ground jalapeno powder instead if you want to knock your socks off.
Easy to Make
This is so easy, especially when you buy the wings already split and the tips removed. You simply mix up your flour and spices then pour it over the wings and stir them up to coat.
I suggest a baking pan with a wire rack for this recipe so any fat will drip away. Line the pan with foil before baking and you’ll have a much easier job when cleaning.
Enter to Win Gift Card from 24Bite!
This isn’t a trick. We really ARE giving away a gift card.
Good luck, everyone! –Christian
Are chicken wings gluten free?
I’ve amended this recipe to make these chicken wings gluten free. The secret is to use baking powder instead of flour. If you don’t mind the gluten, feel free to use regular flour instead. Either way will work.
Since these are baked, have as much as you like. Just don’t try to take any from my mom!
Looking for more chicken recipes?
We love chicken and you’ll find that we have lots of recipes with it. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Salsa Verde Chicken Pizza
- Easy Creamy Cheese Chicken Dinner
- Chicken Tinga Tacos Dorados
- Chicken with Mushrooms and Fresh Tomatoes
If you want to use these Gluten Free Wings for a party or tailgater, be sure to make these Gluten Free Pizza Bites too!
Easy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 13" x 17" baking pan with baking rack
- aluminum foil for covering pan
- 7 Chicken Wings, with tip removed and split
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt, like Tony Chachere's
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ancho Chile Powder
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place split wings in medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together baking powder and seasonings
- Pour seasonings mixture over wings. Sitr to coat.
- Remove rack from baking pan and cover the pan with aluminum foil. You may need to cut two pieces of foil and fold them together to attach them in order to cover the entire pan. Replace rack and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange the coated wings evenly on rack. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn each wing piece over and cook for 10 minutes more. Makes 14 pieces.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.