This is one of my mom’s favorite things. She prefers them dry like this but you can drench them in your favorite red sauce if you prefer it.
Although you would think these are spicy from the amount of seasoning, they’re really not. If you prefer something spicy, you may want to double the Tony Chachere’s and use something different than the ground ancho pepper. Ground ancho is more of a mild pepper with a smoky taste. It doesn’t have much heat.
This is so easy, especially when you buy the wings already split and the tips removed. You simply mix up your flour and spices then pour it over the wings and stir them up to coat.
I suggest a baking pan with a wire rack for this recipe so any fat will drip away. Line the pan with foil before baking and you’ll have a much easier job when cleaning.
Since these are baked, have as much as you like. Just don’t try to take any from my mom!
Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 13" x 17" baking pan with baking rack
- aluminum foil for covering pan
- 7 Chicken Wings with tip removed and split
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt like Tony Chachere's
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ancho Chile Powder
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place split wings in medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and seasonings
- Pour flour mixture over wings. Sitr to coat.
- Remove rack from baking pan and cover the pan with aluminum foil. You may need to cut two pieces of foil and fold them together to attach them in order to cover the entire pan. Replace rack and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange the coated wings evenly on rack. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn each wing piece over and cook for 10 minutes more. Makes 14 pieces.