These Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are filled with a savory flaked lump crab stuffing then baked in the air fryer or oven for pop-in-your-mouth goodness at your next party.
To make these air fryer stuffed mushrooms, I’ve added some of your standard filling ingredients.
Great Deals on
Your Favorite Brands
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms Filling
I prefer the taste of red onions for this filling. Not only does it add some pretty color, it has a sweeter taste than plain yellow or white onion.
When cutting up your onions and celery, make sure to cut the pieces into dice size. The mushrooms are small and you don’t want to have a mouthful of onion or celery. In order to more evenly distribute everything, you need small pieces.
Prepare your mushrooms for the Air Fryer
To make your Air Fryer stuffed mushrooms, start out by bending the stem to remove it. This doesn’t work as easily with the larger, mature versions of the Portobello mushrooms, but with these tiny Baby Bellas, you can easily remove the stem.
Spray the mushroom caps with olive oil and season them before you add the filling. I used Tony Chachere’s but you can use any of your favorite salt blends or even plain salt. Whatever you do, don’t omit this step. The mushrooms will be just a little bowl with delicious filling if you don’t season them.
Air Fryer stuffed mushrooms with lump crab meat
I like imitation crab meat so, if you want to use it, I’ll never tell. I chose to use some lump crab for this recipe because mom insisted that I try it, at least once.
Imitation crab is just made from a crab-tasting fish. It’s not like you’re eating plastic or something so no worries. But, I’ve used lump crab for this recipe for something new.
My discovery is that there is a huge difference in taste between imitation crab and lump crab. I had absolutely no idea there would be that much difference. Be sure to try both when you get the chance.
You don’t need to decide on a favorite. You can like them both just like I do.
How to stuff the mushrooms
When you spoon the filling into the mushroom caps, be sure to overfill. You want a wee little mound of crab filling. The egg and cheese will help keep it all together.
When you need more appetizers
I have some really terrifc appetizer recipes for you to try at your next party or get together that would be great with these Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
Don’t miss our Crab Rangoon Crescent Rolls. They’re a HUGE hit!
Air Fryer Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer (optional)
- 2 pounds Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Cooking Spray Olive Oil spray preferred
- 2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's Salt Blend
- 1/4 Red Onion diced
- 2 Celery Ribs diced
- 8 ounces Lump Crab
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs like Progresso Seasoned
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Preheat Air Fryer or oven to 400°.
- Spray Air Fryer tray or baking sheet with cooking spray. Bend off stems of mushrooms. Place mushrooms, top down, and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle Tony Chachere's over all mushrooms to season the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Dice onion and celery.
- Mix onions, celery, crab, breadcrumbs, egg, HALF shredded Parmesan, oregano and hot sauce.
- Fill inside of each mushroom and pile it up a little so it's heaping into a little mound.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded Parmesan on the top.
- Bake in Air Fryer for about 8-9 minutes. If using the oven, bake for 16-18 minutes. Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, you may need to make several batch runs.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.