Learn how to make ham and cheese sliders with this delicious recipe, perfect for any occasion. They’re easy, cheesy and perfect.
Here is your chance to make something so quickly that you can be enjoying these delicious ham and cheese sliders as a special treat in 30 minutes or less!
Ham and cheese sliders are just the thing you’ll need after a hard day’s work. It’s a beautiful thing.
We’ll start out with the rolls. You’ll need nine rolls and your 8×8″ square baking pan. This is the amount mom and I usually have left over from a family meal since she has one and I have two.
We’re left with exactly nine rolls. That’s the reason this recipe was born!
→ Start Here to Find Your Next
Favorite Recipe ←
Use any yeast dinner rolls you like. There are regular dinner rolls and you can also use the Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls.
If you don’t have pre-made rolls, try out this recipe for Mashed Potato Rolls which you can easily make yourself.
Keeping the rolls together, very carefully cut through all of them at the same time through the center in a horizontal line. It helps to have a long serrated knife for this.
Be very careful and try to make sure you cut as close to the horizontal center as possible.
If you’ve been reading for long, you will know that I’m a huge fan of basil pesto. We grow our own basil year round just so we can have some pesto for the freezer.
Even if you don’t have enough basil to make a batch of pesto, you can supplement baby spinach with the basil in this Basil Pesto recipe.
For this recipe, I’ve used pre-purchased basil pesto to keep with the idea of making something quickly and easily.
Sam’s Choice Italia Basil Pesto is delicious. I don’t mind telling you that I left a little bit in the jar so I could eat a spoonful of it right away.
I’ve checked the ingredients and they’ve used sunflower oil instead of olive oil. They’ve also used walnuts instead of pine nuts.
I’m going to have to try something similar and see how it works out homemade.
Since there’s oil in the pesto, my recipe below will instruct you to toast the bottoms of the rolls in the oven for five minutes so they can stand up to it better. Once the rolls are toasted, you can remove them from the oven and continue with the layering of your ham and cheese sliders.
Cubed or Diced Ham
Your next choice is the ham. I’ve chosen a bag of cubed ham to make this recipe go really quickly. You can also buy diced ham, in smaller pieces.
This recipe will be just as good with some hand-shredded leftover ham from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. For that matter, try it with leftover turkey too!
Melty Mozzarella Cheese
I wanted that same sort of melty, stretchy cheese that I get with pizza. Mozzarella is the obvious choice.
I used the Kraft brand of Mozzarella with the “touch of cream cheese” addition. It did not disappoint.
Has anyone made their own Mozzarella cheese? I would really love to give it a try. Here’s a recipe for making Mozzarella cheese from The Kitchn.
Ham and Cheese Sliders with Basil Pesto
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 8×8" baking pan
- 9 Dinner Rolls, purchased or prepared ahead of time
- Cooking Spray, like Pam
- 1 cup Sam's Choice Italia Basil Pesto
- 8 ounces Ham, chopped, diced or hand-shredded (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup Kraft Mozzarella with a Touch of Philadelphia Shredded Cheese, or any Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- With a long serrated knife (bread knife), while the dinner rolls are still together, cut between the tops and bottoms horizontally. Spray the 8×8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside the tops of the rolls for a moment and place the bottoms of the rolls carefully into the sprayed baking pan. Place uncovered in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove baking pan to trivet or hot pad. Carefully spread pesto across the entire surface of the buns. Sprinkle on the ham and then the cheese. Carefully cover with the tops of the rolls.
- Cover with foil and place back in oven for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Optional: In the last 5 minutes of heating, melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- When the sliders are removed from the oven and uncovered, brush with melted butter. Serve immediately.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.