Unicorn Chip Cookies are packed with vanilla goodness with Nestle Unicorn Chips and vanilla pudding mix. It makes a wonderfully soft cookie that almost melts in your mouth. Using the pink and blue Nestle Unicorn candy morsels adds even more vanilla flavor with fun new colors.
Making Uniform Cookies
You’ll make nicely sized Unicorn Chip Cookies with a cookie scoop. Using a cookie scoop makes perfectly sized little mounds of cookie dough. It looks nice to have a stack of cookies of the same size, of course. But, there is another purpose as well. It’s best to have your cookies of a uniform size so everything finishes baking at the same time so you have all soft and chewy cookies instead of some soft and some crunchy.
Tools Can Make a Difference Too
I learned a new thing when making these Unicorn Chip Cookies. Not all sheet pans are created equally! Rather than wait until the baking sheets cooled, I got out one of the older cookie sheets.
I was very surprised by the differences in the cookies.
I used this sheet pan which allows for 18 cookies each. Mom has two of them. She bought the biggest that would easily fit in our oven.
Don’t forget to measure your oven! One of those pans is really big and didn’t fit in the oven at all. It sure would be fun to have an oven that size, though!
These cookies in the photographs here are a beautiful cookie and they melted perfectly, spreading out nicely, producing cookies a little bigger than 2 ½”. They’re soft and chewy and wonderful. It’s the vanilla pudding in the cookies that really makes the difference.
Surprisingly, the cookies made on the older cookie sheet didn’t melt and then just sort of sat there until they cooked too long on the outside but not fully cooked on the inside. I never would have made this connection, if this hadn’t happened. Those cookies didn’t get photographed! ha!
That’s an example of what NOT to do, right?!
From now on, I’m going to be certain to use the higher quality sheets, even if it means that I need to be more patient.
Nestle Toll House Unicorn Chips
These are the cute little candy morsels I’ve used for this recipe. No, they do not taste like unicorn poo. Well, maybe they do. How do we know? Hmmmmm….
According to the package, though, the flavor is vanilla. Vanilla flavored candy morsels in fun pink and blue colors. I think these could also be worked into a baby shower something. The perfect colors for it.
Looking for another cookie recipe? How about my Soft Espresso Coffee Cookies made with another new Nestle Candy Morsels flavor.
Easy Magic Unicorn Cookies
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 3.4 oz box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (two sticks) softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 10 oz pkg Nestle Toll House Unicorn Vanilla Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350“.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, soda and salt until fully mixed. Set aside.
- In larger bowl, mix together softened butter and brown sugar until well mixed and creamy. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of flour mixture to larger bowl and mix well. Continue adding this amount to flour mixture mixing after each addition until all is fully mixed.
- Stir in vanilla morsels.
- Using medium size (1 ½") cookie scoop, drop on parchment paper covered baking sheet, about two inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until edges have just begun to brown. Remove and allow to cool slightly before removing the cookies to a rack for further cooling. Do not store until completely cooled.
- Yields 4 dozen cookies.
Inspired by Super Soft Sprinkle Pudding Cookies at Cookies & Cups.