Enjoy the taste of delicious coffee cookies using espresso cookie chips! The espresso morsels are perfectly matched with the walnuts in this soft, chewy cookie.
Coffee Espresso Cookie Candy Morsels
Mom and I have perfected the art of ordering groceries online and picking them up at the store. It works out so well for a food blogger because you can easily order exactly what you need for the recipes you want to make.
It’s easy to forget that there could be new products available and we might miss them if we don’t at least go into the store sometimes.
This is one of those times. We would have missed this package of amazing. Espresso chips! That went right into the basket. Oh, yeah!
Coffee cookies? You betcha! Why not? We have coffee ice cream. Hmm…. coffee ice cream with coffee cookies. That sounds really tasty to me!
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
More Coffee, Please!
For even more coffee flavor in your espresso cookies, I’ve used coffee extract instead of vanilla extract. Yes, there really IS a thing!
Isn’t that a beautiful thing? I couldn’t find it at our store, but it was right there at Amazon. It really does give a strong coffee flavor that’s absolutely delicious.
Soft and Chewy Coffee Cookies
I don’t know about you but I like soft and chewy cookies. We’ve discovered that the secret is to use more brown sugar than granulated sugar. If you like crunchy cookies, try a 1:1 ratio of sugar. If you’re looking for soft, though, you’re going to need more brown sugar.
You can try this with your own recipes if you want to try a softer version. Use the same amount for the combined sugars, but adjust the brown sugar so there’s more. In this recipe, for instance, I’ve used double the amount of brown sugar over the regular sugar.
Baking Your Cookies
It’s important not to overbake. I recently discovered that it was my pan that was causing my cookies to brown too quickly on the bottom. This pan works so much better than the cookie sheets mom has had for a long time.
I discovered this secret by accident but it has made such a huge difference in my cookie baking. But, no, cookies won’t be replacing pizza. Pizza is still number ONE!
If you like these cookies, be sure to try the amazing, soft Magic Unicorn Cookies with added vanilla pudding and vanilla candy morsels for maximum vanilla goodness.
Be sure to try out my Spice Coffee Cookie Bars too!
Soft and Chewy Coffee Espresso Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Butter (two sticks) softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon Coffee Extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 9 ounce Nestle Toll House Espresso Morsels
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda in medium bowl until well combined.
- Beat butter, sugars and coffee extract in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, about one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in espresso morsels and chopped walnuts until well mixed throughout.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. We used a cookie scoop which makes it so much easier to get uniform cookies.
- Place cookies in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cool enough to remove from pan then allow to cool completely before storing. Makes 45 cookies.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.