These easy brownies are a gooey, decadent dessert sensation when made with luxuriously rich dulce de leche caramel that you will be tempted to eat right out of the can.
Dulce de Leche Caramel
Mom and I recently discovered that you can purchase Dulce de Leche caramel in the can. We’ve both salivated over the idea of making dulce de leche with sweetened condensed milk. It takes hours to make and this is so much easier.
I really tried to get the entire can of caramel on the top of these brownies. Just as I thought I had put as much as I could possibly fit into the baking dish, mom grabbed the can and I never saw it again! I think she’s been adding it to her coffee. Yum!
Visit Nestle El Mejor Nido for product information.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next
Favorite Recipe ←
We’ve made these brownies for years. I think my sister Brianna started making them when she was a teenager and still living at home.
Since Brianna started making them, we’ve adapted that recipe over and over and over and this is one of our latest versions. This is a double chocolate brownie because I’ve used both cocoa and chocolate chips.
You can use any chocolate chip you like. It’s going to be delicious no matter what. The Baileys® Original Irish Cream Baking Chips are my favorite chocolate chip right now and I decided to use them in this batch. So delicious! Read more about them at Clabber Girl.
When we use any kind of chopped nuts in our baking, we don’t simply use the nuts as they come chopped from the bag.
I gave these pecans a little bit more of a loose chopping before I added them. I add just over half of the chopped pecans to the mix. As you can see, I added a generous amount to the top as well.
They stick really well in that gooey caramel. So delicious.
More Dessert Recipes
Browse the Cookie recipes category, or try one of these delicious desserts.
Easy Caramel Dulce de Leche Brownies
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 8" x 8" baking dish
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅔ cup Pecans, chopped, divided
- 14 tablespoons La Lechera Dulce de Leche
- Cooking Spray, like Pam
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together all wet ingredients. (This can an be done by hand. A mixer isn't necessary.)
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over stir. It may still be a little lumpy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and ½ CUP chopped pecans.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Pour into dish and smooth the top.
- Evenly distribute Dulce de Leche caramel on top. Swirl it around a little. The caramel should still be sitting on the top and not mixed in fully. Sprinkle remaining pecans on top and press them into the caramel slightly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Makes 16 servings.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.