This Easy Creamy Baked Spaghetti Recipe is a wonderfully easy dinner idea for any night of the week. It’s a great comfort food addition to your next family gathering or potluck.
History of Spaghetti
Did you know that pasta wasn’t invented in Italy? It was actually invented in China. The long strands of pasta that we now know as spaghetti may have been invented in Sicily, though. Read more about that at Best of Sicily.
Family Get Togethers
When we were trying to figure out what to make for dinner, my mom happened to remember a baked spaghetti she had a family get together in Illinois many years ago. We decided to go ahead and try making our own Creamy Baked Spaghetti Recipe with the ground beef we had thawed in the refrigerator.
As it turns out, this really tasted like a lasagna except you didn’t have to go through all the layering. Once everything was cooked and ready, I just threw it in a bowl to mix it altogether and then put it in the pan to bake in the oven a bit.
Try drizzling some pizza or spaghetti sauce on top of this Easy Creamy Baked Spaghetti Recipe and adding bits of sliced green onion. It’s delicious! Going back for seconds now!
Adjusting the Recipe Size
My recipe calls for one-pound of ground beef because we freeze our bulk ground beef into one-pound packages.
When I make this again, I may try to divide the recipe by using half the ground beef in this and save the other half for, oh, I don’t know. How about pizza?! It will be just enough for my Lasagna Pizza.
The Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe is also a great choice for a crowd or family get together.
Easy Creamy Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 11 x 17" pan (4.8 qt.)
- 16 ounce Spaghetti prepared according to package directions
- 1 pound Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 14.5 ounce Can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies or other petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock or broth
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese cut into 10 even pieces
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon Oregano ground
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Green Onions (optional) chopped
- Prepare Spaghetti according to package directions to lowest suggested time. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
- In skillet, on medium high heat, crumble ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain, retaining 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add onion and garlic into the same pan as the retained fat of the ground beef and cook until onion is tender. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In small saucepan, on medium heat, combine tomatoes, cream cheese and chicken stock. Cook until a little bubbly and cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in cream. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, meat mixture, ONE CUP of each of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses (the remaining 1/2 cup of each will be for the top), eggs, oregano and pepper. Add tomato mixture and stir to coat.
- Spray 11 x 17" pan (4.8 qt.) with cooking spray.
- Pour in spaghetti mixture and smooth with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheddar and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- For best results, allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting. Cut into 15 equal pieces. Serve garnished with green onion and drizzled pizza or spaghetti sauce.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved.