Chili Cheese Tater Tots Casserole combines a delicious green chile and chorizo chili with a crunchy tater tots topping. It’s an easy, crowd-pleasing dinner everyone will love!
This recipe is easy to make with only six major ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Pork chorizo
- Chili Beans
- Tater Tots
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green chiles
The sixth ingredient is a can of chopped mild green chiles. They’re not showing in the ingredients photo but I think you can see the little spots of green in this photo below.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
Unfortunately, I accidentally left the can of green chiles out of the ingredients photo. Woops!
I’ve used mild green chiles and this works well for me, as a lightweight. It gives all the taste of green chiles without the fire of hot chiles.
If you prefer something with more of a kick, just grab a can of chopped jalapeños instead. No judgment from me!
This is the first layer of cheese. What? Yes, indeed. There are two different layers of cheese. Cheese is great and we need more, especially for something called “Chili CHEESE Tater Tots”, right?
Is this gluten free?
This Tater Tot Casserole is naturally gluten free. Bush’s Chili Beans and Cacique Pork Chorizo are gluten free but, if you choose other brands, be sure to check the nutrition label to be safe. Some beans, for example, may use gluten as a thickening agent.
More Family Friendly Recipes
Whether you’re feeding several people or you want to keep some leftovers in the ‘fridge for later, try some of these favorite family friendly recipes.
Chili Cheese Tater Tots Casserole
- 9" x 13" baking pan
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 10 ounces Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 27 ounces Bush's Chli Beans
- 7 ounces Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles Mild
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese divided
- 14 ounces Frozen Tater Tots
- Cooking Spray like Pam
- In skillet, on medium-high heat, cook ground beef until fully cooked, about 10-15 minutes. Drain, put in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chorizo until fully cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove to same mixing bowl as ground beef.
Preheat Oven to 425°
- To same mixing bowl, add chili beans, green chiles, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Spray 9 x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add ground beef mixture to baking pan and evenly smooth. Sprinkle on two cups shredded cheese evenly. Place frozen tater tots evenly on top. Sprinkle with remaining one cup shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-24 minutes until tater tots are crispy. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.