Cream of celery soup vegan style may sound a little boring but don’t be fooled. This vegan recipe includes some amped up seasonings and spices to change what you may be thinking about celery soup.
You know the drill, right? You buy some celery and only use two ribs and then you’re left with all the rest. Use that leftover celery in this creamy, flavorful soup.
Cream of celery soup is an underestimated source of delliciousness, made possible by having an overabundance of celery. Turn your leftover celery into something awesome!
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
There aren’t many ingredients in this cream of celery soup and most, you’ll probably already have in your pantry. If you’re on a vegan diet, vegetable stock, vegan butter and coconut cream are probably staples for you.
One of the seasonings I use frequently is Bragg Organic Sprinkle Seasoning. It’s a multi-purpose seasoning that works well in place of your typical Italian seasoning.
It’s a nicely unique blend but, if you are unable to find it, feel free to use your favorite Italian seasoning blend, or try making your own. If you would like to try to make your own Italian seasoning blend, Spend with Pennies has a recipe for Italian seasoning.
Easy Step by Step Cooking
This soup is crazy easy. I just can’t express how easy so let’s show it in photos.
First Step: Saute the vegetables in olive oil or vegan butter.
Second Step: Add stock and simmer.
Third Step: Use standup or immersion blender to mix well.
Not on a Vegan Diet?
If you want to muscle up this soup recipe, use chicken stock instead of vegetable stock. Change the coconut cream to heavy dairy cream. Try regular dairy butter instead of olive oil.
Try adding some chopped chicken. If you really want to go wild, add chopped chicken and about half a bag of frozen peas, carrots and potatoes. Put refrigerator biscuits on top then bake in the oven. Impromptu chicken pot pie!
Enter to Win Gift Card from 24Bite!
This isn’t a trick. We really ARE giving away a gift card.
Good luck, everyone! –Christian
Need Condensed Soup?
You can easily reduce the liquid in this recipe. Use only 1 cup or 1 1/2 cups of stock when cooking the vegetables. You only need enough to make sure the vegetables are covered.
If you have a recipe that calls for Condensed Cream of Chicken soup, try using this one instead, to omit the meat and reduce calories.
More Soup Recipes
I’m building a nice little library of vegan recipes. Here are a couple for you to try:
Or, if you’re not vegan, try these other delicious soups:
Cream of Celery Soup Vegan Recipe
- Standing Blender or Immersion Blender
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, or vegan butter
- 2 bunches Celery Hearts, about 12-18 ribs, chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Bragg Organic Sprinkle Herbs and Seasonings
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream, unsweetened
- In soup pot or dutch oven, heat olive olil on medium heat, about 1 minute.
- Add celery, onions, salt, Bragg Seasonings, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder, stir and continue on medium until vegetables are soft, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add stock and stir. Bring to a slow boil, reduce hit to low and cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Remove about 3/4 cup liquid to a coffee cup. With fork, stir in cornstarch. Set aside.
- Once celery mixture is cool enough to handle, mix with electric blender (half at a time) or use immersion blender. Mix well. Return to pan. Add cornstarch mixture. On medium heat, bring to boil.
- Add coconut cream and stir well. Serve once heated through.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.