This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the easiest you will find with its pantry ingredients and one pan convenience. Warming comfort food any night of the week.
My plan was to make the easiest, quickest creamy chicken soup I could pull together with only ingredients I had handy. I wanted to use things I had in the pantry or freezer. Things that would make the process as quick as possible.
Chicken. I’ve used a can of chunk chicken to make this a quick and easy recipe. This is handy and convenient but you could also use about a pound of any chicken you have. It could be boiled, shredded, diced or leftover rotisserie.
Have a browse at all
Frozen Vegetables. If you don’t have these frozen vegetables, you can use a fresh, chopped onion and a can of mixed vegetables.
Chicken Bouillon. I’ve used chicken bouillon and water for this recipe. But, you can omit the bouillon by using either chicken stock or chicken broth, if you have it handy.
Milk. If you don’t have milk in the refrigerator, you can use canned evaporated milk. You could use half and half or heavy cream instead, if that’s what you have on hand.
You Might Also Like
What Is Gnocchi?
I love gnocchi. It’s a small oval shaped potato pasta. It’s like a small dumpling. I felt like that would be a perfect substitute for the pie crust you would normally find on a traditional chicken pot pie. In fact, if you wanted, you could use as little liquid as possible and a double pie crust to make a chicken pot pie instead!
Because I’ve used the gnocchi, this soup could also be called “creamy chicken and gnocchi soup”. Chicken and dumplings could perfectly describe it as well.
I was simply trying to mimic the pie crust. I had no idea so many of you were also craving Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup.
What Can You Make With Gnocchi?
This Chicken Pot Pie Soup, of course. But, I love it so much that you can also try my Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Kielbasa.
One of these days, I’m going to have to learn how to make my own gnocchi because I know that everything tastes better homemade. It looks fairly easy. Time consuming, yes, but easy. If I can make Homemade Tamales, I’ll bet I can make my own gnocchi.
Easiest Chicken Pot Pie SoupTap to leave a star rating
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- Dutch Oven or stock pot
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Seasoning Blend, from frozen*, thawed and drained
- 3 cups Water, divided
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables, from frozen*, thawed and drained
- 12.5 ounces Chunk Chicken, canned*, drained
- 15 ounces Potatoes, canned, diced, drained
- 10.5 ounces Cream of Chicken Soup, canned
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon, paste, granules or powder
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- 6 ounces Milk
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- Place oil in Dutch oven pan on medium heat. Add Seasoning Blend. Saute 2-5 minutes.
- Place canned soup in a small bowl and whisk briskly until smooth.
- To Dutch oven, add TWO CUPS water, vegetables, chicken, potatoes, canned soup, seasonings and bouillon. Mix well.
- Bring to boil then add gnocchi to Dutch Oven and cook length of time according to package instructions, about 3-4 minutes.
- While gnocchi is cooking, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Once the gnocchi has risen, slowly pour in flour mixture while stirring constantly. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- If it becomes too thick too quickly and starts sticking to the bottom, add about ½ cup of remaining water, keeping the other ½ cup just in case. Once the soup is the consistency desired, remove from heat and serve right away.
Note: If there is a video, it will not display while there is an adblocker.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2023 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.
This was the most comforting soup ever! It’s a little chilly right now, and this soup really hit the spot. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This soup is perfect!! I am obsessed with this soup, thank you so much for this recipe, thank you so much for sharing 🙂
This soup is true comfort food! So delicious!
This is such a great chicken soup that looks so delicious and very yummy! The creamy texture makes this so enticing and tempting! Perfect for such cold temperatures!
Really delicious soup! My hubby made it tonight. We subbed garlic powder for parsley. Turned out great. Your recipes are our go-to for trying new dishes. Thank you!
Our weather around here is still a little chilly, so perfect for making soup! This soup sounds delicious! Excited to give it a try!
Amy Liu Dong says
I always love a good soup and this one is so easy and delicious!
Thanks for this recipe!