Try this baked meatballs low carb recipe made with a tasty combination of Italian sausage and ground beef. Naturally low carb and gluten free. Add your favorite sauce or eat them plain.
Low Carb Meatballs
Mom recently started investigating a low carb diet. She’s asked me to come up with low carb ideas. I know it’s tough to cut out potato, rice, pasta, breads and beans. That’s a lot to deal with, isn’t it?
Even though there are many meal plans available for low carb, we have to come up with ideas that she will eat without getting bored.
Meatballs are great on a low carb diet!
- Eat them plain, like a little snack.
- Smother them in a fresh tomato sauce, as shown.
- Break them up and put them in a corn tortilla with lettuce, tomato and cheese.
You can even serve them with low carb pasta! I was able to find a nice list of low carb pastas at MyDomaine.
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
Making baked low carb meatballs turns out to be so easy. There are fewer ingredients than traditional meatalls, which means that you’ll be finished and ready to eat much more quickly.
The thing that really makes these low carb meatballs delicious is the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage. The Italian sausage really packs in a lot of delicious taste. Mom isn’t going to get bored with these tasty treats!
This recipe makes 22-24 meatballs. You may want to freeze half of them, if you have only one person eating them. They last in the refrigerator about 3-5 days or frozen about 4-5 months.
More Low Carb Recipes
We’re starting to develop our low carb category so stay tuned for more. Here are some more to get you going.
- Gluten Free Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
- Baked Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips Recipe
Baked Meatballs Gluten Free Low Carb
- Baking Sheet (Cookie Sheet)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, ground
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Powder
- 1 teaspoon Braggs Sprinkle Seasoning
- Cooking Spray, like Pam
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients well (except cooking spray).
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Using 2" scoop, or by hand, make 22 equally-sized meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Cook in oven 15 to 20 minutes, until done.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.
This recipe was originally published in October 2019. It was updated to include not only Gluten Free but also Low Carb in April 2020.