Mango Avocado and Jicama Salad is a delicious combination of mango and avocado with the crunchiness of jicama. Instead of a traditional pico de gallo, try serving this sweet and spicy fruit salad for a light refreshing change.
My mother tells me that I’ve loved mango since I was a toddler and I would drink Jumex Mango Nectar in a sippy cup. I don’t remember, but I do love mangoes!
Don’t Forget the Jicama
This Mango Avocado Salad recipe includes jicama which is a root vegetable and can be eaten raw or lightly sauteed or stir-fried. I’ve only used half of a medium sized jicama in this mango salad but you don’t need to waste the rest.
Try cutting the remainder in a french fry cut then saute in a little avocado oil. Add some chili seasoning to serve.
The addition of jicama gives this salad a nice crunch and who doesn’t like a little crunch in their salad?
→ Start Here to Find Your Next Favorite Recipe ←
Fresh Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Don’t forget to dress your salad with the fresh taste of lime and honey! The lime will keep your avocado from turning.
This Mango Avocado Salad recipe includes the instructions to quickly make this vinaigrette in a small glass canning jar.
This salad goes really well with my Chicken Enchiladas, served on the side. There’s no reason why you can’t eat it as your meal, though. I’ll never tell!
Try Lemon and Mandarin Orange Fluff Salad for a quick, refreshing summer treat.
Mango Avocado Jicama Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 large Mango
- 1/2 medium Jicama
- 1 large Avocado
- 1/2 Jalapeno
- 2 Green Onions
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Peel and chop mangoes, jicama and avocado.
- Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeño then finely chop. I prefer a fine chop to the peppers in order to spread out the flavor throughout the salad instead of just getting a biteful of it.
- Chop green onions.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Zest and juice the lime. Place this and all remaining vinaigrette ingredients in a 1/2 pint jar, cover and shake vigoursly until combined. If you don't have a jar, you can use a small bowl with a whisk or any small jar or container with a lid.
- Pour vinaigrette over fruit and vegetables. Toss to coat.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.