The summer is the perfect time for a refreshing pasta salad. Try it with salmon for added low fat protein.
I love salmon! For years, my mom has made me fish tacos with salmon and I just love it!
For this recipe you will only need about 5 ounces of salmon. I can always find the foil packets of salmon and tuna in the cupboard so I decided to make a refreshing pasta salad today.
You can, of course, use any salmon you have. Leftover grilled salmon would be incredible. You can even use tuna or crab, if you want.
When mom makes this, she makes the vegetables a lot smaller with an ulu. With the ulu, you can get much smaller dice while being safe and easy.
Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces Rotini Pasta
- 5 ounces Salmon, cooked and chilled or canned
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper (or 6 mini bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside to cool. If you like, stir in a tablespoon or two of olive oil to keep it from sticking. (Olive oil not included in calorie count.)
- Drain and flake salmon, as necessary.
- Finely chop celery and bell pepper.
- Place pasta, salmon and vegetables in medium mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise and vinegar. Toss to coat. Serve chilled. 4 servings.