This 30-minute Vegan Pesto Pasta Recipe is a delicious, quick and easy weeknight dinner! Make your pasta, heat up your pesto and vegetables then toss together!
Earlier this week, we made a wonderfully bright Vegan Spinach Pesto. Instead of cheese, this recipe uses cashews as a cheese substitute.
You really must try it. It only takes 5 minutes to get this gorgeous pesto. You can manage that while you’re cooking your pasta!
Don’t Have Time For Homemade Pesto?
This recipe doesn’t require homemade pesto, though. If you prefer to use something from the store, that’s absolutely okay. There are several brands available that I love.
I’ve used these two quite a bit and I love them both.
- Sam’s Choice Italia Basil Pesto
- Mezzetta Basil Pesto
→ Start Here to Find Your Next
Favorite Recipe ←
What To Do With Your Pesto
I love pesto and I like to eat it right out of the jar with a spoon. But, let’s try some other uses.
You can just spread it on a cracker. It’s wonderful and would make a nice tray at a party. The color is extraordinary when it’s fresh.
You can use it on a sandwich. Try using it instead of mayonnaise.
Substitute it for tomato red sauce on a Pesto Pizza. Such a great depth of flavor when layered with all the other pizza toppings.
Making Vegan Pesto Pasta Recipe
Now, let’s discuss mixing this Vegan Spinach Pesto with pasta for today’s dinner!
I’ve chosen this fun mini farfelle and you can see that the pesto gets in all the nooks and crannies of the pasta so you get your sauce in every bite. So delicious!
Did you know that there are about 350 different types of pasta around the world? Have a look at Wonderopolis for more information about the history of pasta and all those beautiful shapes.
Do You Have A Favorite Use For Pesto?
Let me know in comments below.
Vegan Pesto Pasta Recipe with Tomato and Black Olives
For more information, be sure to check the recipe details in the attached 24Bite® post.
- 8 ounces Mini Farfalle
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Vegan Spinach Pesto, or your desired pesto
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 2.25 ounces Sliced Black Olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- ½ cup Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream, unsweetened
- Put on water to boil according to pasta package instructions.
- In a separate skillet, on medium heat, add olive oil. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pesto, canned tomatoes, olives and pepper. Stir together carefully and heat thoroughly. Cook on low until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and stir until completely combined and remove from heat.
- Once pasta is ready, drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour pesto mixutre into same large bowl and toss together.
- Makes 8 servings. Garnish with chopped onion and red pepper flakes.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite® takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite®, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2021 Kim Guzman and Christian Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.