These easy chewy cookies are made with Heath English Toffee Bits which are an excellent compliment to the mini chocolate chips for a wonderful salty and sweet decadent dessert.
This easy chewy cookie recipe includes all the usual cookie-baking culprits of:
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Now for the extra goodies.
Great Deals on
Your Favorite Brands
Mini Chocolate Chips
I’ve used mini chocolate chips. You can easily substitute the same amount of regular chocolate chips or even chocolate chunks. Break up a chocolate bar, if you don’t have access to chips or pieces.
Heath English Toffee Baking Bits
Have you tried Heath candy bars? Here’s your opportunity to add that buttery, crunchy goodness to your cookies. The toffee is already broken into the perfect size bits to add to cookies. If you don’t have toffee bits, you can get that crunch from walnuts too. It obviously won’t have the same taste, but you will still get a delicious cookie.
If you’re unsure where to look for Heath Toffee Bits, have a look at the Hershey’s website for more information.
You will need to soften the butter so you can mix it with the sugar and get it well incorporated. If you let the butter sit out too long, it will get too soft. While you will be able to mix in the sugars easily, you won’t be able to shape the cookies as easily.
If your cookies don’t drop from the cookie scoop easily, the likely reason is because the butter was too soft. Cover your raw cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour then try again.
More Cookie Recipes
I love making cookies. You can do so many different variations once you have a really good base. Try some of these excellent recipes.
Easy Chewy Cookies with Toffee and Chocolate Chips
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter two sticks, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Heath English Toffee Baking Bits
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl until well combined.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, about one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in toffee and mini chocolate chips until well mixed throughout.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. We used a 1.5" cookie scoop which makes it so much easier to get uniform cookies.
- Place cookies in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cool enough to remove from pan then allow to cool completely before storing. Makes 45 cookies.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved. Subscribe to 24Bite email newsletters.