This Crock Pot Chicken Recipe with Tortellini is made with only five ingredients combined in the slow cooker so you can get a warm, hearty meal with minimal work.
As you know, I don’t normally take a lot of shortcuts in my cooking. Today was not one of those days. I was tired. Mom and I have been making lots and lots of tamales for Christmas Eve (more on that soon). We were both exhausted and needed something that required no prep work.
Crock Pot Chicken Recipe Ingredients
For this chicken and tortellini recipe, I basically just pulled a few things out of the freezer and threw them altogether in the Crock Pot and then walked away from it so I could relax a bit.
There are only five total ingredients here and one of them is water so that really doesn’t count, does it?
- Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- Pictsweet Vegetables for Soup
- Great Value Cheese Tortellini
You literally throw all these things into this handy, dandy Crock Pot and stir it up.
Chopped Chicken Preparation
Mom and I get those large family packs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and she buys three large packages at a time. She does this to bring it home and prep it for the freezer.
The last time, we chopped up two packages into chunks like this and put into one pound bags for the freezer. For the third package, mom cut some of them into strips and some into chicken breast steaks. This is basically a chicken breast, cut in half horizontally. It turned out to be really easy but the cost of it at the store was twice as much!
We save lots of money and time doing it this way. No, I never look forward to chicken prep day but I love being able to pull out a pound of chicken, already chopped, out of the freezer when I’m preparing a meal.
You can find details on making beautiful chicken steak cutlets at Serious Eats. Give it a try! It’s a beautiful thing.
Other Chicken Recipes
If you like this Crock Pot chicken recipe, you’re sure to like some of my other chicken recipes.
- Cordon Bleu Pizza with Creamy Dijon Sauce
- Creamy Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Portobello and Grape Tomato Pasta
Crock Pot Chicken and Tortellini
- 4-Quart Crock Pot
- 1 pound Chopped Chicken
- 10.5 ounces Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 10.5 ounces Water
- 10 ounces Pictsweet Vegetables for Soup (frozen) 10 ounces used from 28 ounce package
- 8 ounces Great Value Cheese Tortellini (frozen) 8 ounces used from 19 ounce package
- To Crock Pot, add chicken, soup, one can of cool water, vegetables (still frozen) and tortellini (still frozen). Stir.
- Turn Crock Pot to high and cook for three hours, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. All amounts are estimates and 24Bite™ takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier. Please calculate the amounts yourself based on package labeling if you have specific dietary requirements. 24Bite™, Kim Guzman or Christian Guzman shall not be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or recommendations on this website or actions you take as a result.
© 2019-2020 Kim Guzman. All rights reserved.