A delicious meal that’s quick and easy, perfect to toss together for a home cooked meal after working all day.
Quick and Easy Preparation
This is one of those recipes that you can throw together very easily. My mom is a pro at pulling things out of the refrigerator and combining them into a one bowl meal.
This is an example of one of those times when we needed to use up some vegetables in the refrigerator before farmer’s market day.
One Bowl Meal
Use any other vegetables you like. We’ve used artichoke hearts, black olives, green olives. Really, you can use just about anything and this is a great way to use up the abundance of grape tomatoes in your own garden. I don’t know about you, but they grow so easily around here!
Garnish with cracked red pepper and shredded parmesan cheese. Instead of adding regular salt and pepper, maybe you would like to try one of the many finishing salts available.
Chicken Portobello and Grape Tomato Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine prepared according to directions on package
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper as desired
- Begin heating water to prepare linguine according to instructions on package.
- In deep dish skillet, in olive oil, cook chicken about 8 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add halved tomatoes and continue cooking about 4-6 more minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in butter and stir until fully melted and combined.
- Add salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with crushed red pepper and shredded cheese, if desired. Serves 4.