Enjoy a tasty mix of chopped vegetables, corn and black beans for a healthy, gluten free vegan snack.
In our quest for some healthy snacks, Christian and I came up with this vegetable and bean mixture. We love salads but I needed something without leafy vegetables. I prefer the “good stuff” in salads so skipping the leafy vegetables works!
I also wanted to use some of my canned beans. I pressure can them from dry beans so they’re inexpensive and ready to go anytime.
It’s easy to mix this together after you have the vegetables chopped. Once you put it in the refrigerator and the flavors get a chance to meld together for awhile, it gets even better.
I like to eat it with gluten free corn chips for a healthy, gluten free snack.
Black Beans and Corn Salsa
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin ground
- 1 15.5 Oz. Can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn thawed and drained
- 1 Large Jalapeño seeded, finely chopped
- 1 Bell pepper seeded, finely chopped
- 1 Small Onion finely chopped
- 4 Large Garlic cloves minced
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together olive oil, vinegars, pepper and cumin. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss. Refrigerate at least 8 hours to meld flavors.
- Makes eight 1/2 cup servings.
- Serve with corn chips or toasty bread. Serve with tacos or enchiladas as an alternative pico de gallo.